Job - Time Off for moving house - Entitled or Not?

Permabanned
Dr_Evil said:
Yes but a requirement is:

have been with your employer for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the beginning of the week when the baby's due and

and I was there for 7 months before the birth, not qualifying. So legally he didn't have to give me anything, but realistically he could have given me a couple of days at least.

I think you misread that.

Yup - its 13 weeks in fact, not 26.

Soldato
Samtheman1k said:
So that's even more reason to do it on a weekend, when people are free (unless you are using a removal company)

unfortunately you have to move out of your previous house on the same day as you move into your new house due to the buyers of your old house wanting access to it on completion day.

Completion on a weekend is difficult to get organized due to solicitors and removal companies wanting the weekends off.

I think most people just take a day's holiday and deal with it. I presume that the OP's employer gives him some holiday entitlement? Otherwise he's taking a day's unpaid leave (or defrauding his employer and phoning in sick)

Paul

Permabanned
Dr_Evil said:
Is your IQ leading you to complete nonsense conclusions again? Where did I say i wanted to move particularly during the week or during the weekend?
Here. Your response to another poster who suggested moving on the weekend was:
Not really, it's a rather "big" move, 4 people loads of stuff.

Soldato
OP
dirtydog said:
Here. Your response to another poster who suggested moving on the weekend was:

Ehm... I think your IQ is now dropping to it's lowest ever....

I commented that it was a "bigger" move, i never said i would prefer or want to do this during week or weekend.

Soldato
There is a reason why something like 95% of Contract Exchanges (on house purchases) go through on a Friday - so people can move over a weekend.

Anyway, thread has been done to death.
Legally your entitled to nothing.
You've got your legal holiday allowance and thatls about it.
Sick day is a possability, just make sure there is no chance your boss could have any idea you'd only be "pulling a sicky" as it could be classed as gross misconduct to go off sick and then move.
It would solve the lack of holidays from work, alas on a perminent basis.

Soldato
OP
stoofa said:
There is a reason why something like 95% of Contract Exchanges (on house purchases) go through on a Friday - so people can move over a weekend.

Anyway, thread has been done to death.
Legally your entitled to nothing.
You've got your legal holiday allowance and thatls about it.
Sick day is a possability, just make sure there is no chance your boss could have any idea you'd only be "pulling a sicky" as it could be classed as gross misconduct to go off sick and then move.
It would solve the lack of holidays from work, alas on a perminent basis.

thanks for the constructive advise - I'll take a few extra days holiday entitlement for this then.

Associate
happytechie said:
unfortunately you have to move out of your previous house on the same day as you move into your new house due to the buyers of your old house wanting access to it on completion day.

Fair enough, I was assuming it was rented, so you would normally get some overlap.

Back
Top Bottom