CRB check - what does it show?

Soldato
OP
OK - I 'found' (Me and a mate set them on fire but the policeman turned up whilst we were watching the aftermath - we said we found it like it :/) some outbuildings on fire - a policeman took our names and address details, but we never heard anything more about it - will that show?

I got arrested in Germany for shoplifting. When the Police searched me, they also found a load of car badges/emblems that I had taken. I never heard any more regarding either of these offences.

Both of the above happened about 20 years ago if that makes any difference? Thanks.

Soldato
OK - I 'found' (Me and a mate set them on fire but the policeman turned up whilst we were watching the aftermath - we said we found it like it :/) some outbuildings on fire - a policeman took our names and address details, but we never heard anything more about it - will that show?

I got arrested in Germany for shoplifting. When the Police searched me, they also found a load of car badges/emblems that I had taken. I never heard any more regarding either of these offences.

Both of the above happened about 20 years ago if that makes any difference? Thanks.

:eek:

Soldato
If the foreign police took it no further they may not have informed the UK police, in which case you'd be ok. If they did inform UK police it'll definitely show up.

Caporegime
i doubt either of those will show up.

cautions , conditional discharges etc wont show up on a standard but will an enhanced.
doesnt sound like you have had either of those in this country so your file is probably empty

whats the job anyway? i was under the impression companies are only allowed to do a standard one unless your working with kids , security etc

Soldato
germany will show the other wont - though were you formally charged? I feel like your only telling half the story.

it was 20 years ago **** happens - as long as your not like that now its all cool but you will have to explain it to your employer should you have the job. providing your telling the truth now that is.

Soldato
When I had my ECRB it had all the stuff from when I was a young I.e <17 they won't tell your employer what you have on your record but they will inform your employer that it has been flagged providing its something minor and expect a meeting with HR if you suspect something might show.

I'm ECRB cleared and can work in schools and govt buildings and I have assault, criminal damage and obstruction on my record from when I was about 15/16. Providing you have nothing serious or recent (will straight up fail the crb) and can show you are not a risk then your employer should be fine :)

Associate
I had a caution for assault when i was 18. I was told by the police i would not have to mention this to an employer.

However i had to have an enhanced CRB check and it was flagged (also didn't receive a copy of the CRB check). Personnel asked me why i had not mentioned it, told the truth of it and it was fine.

I really would not worry about it, unless you are charged/cautioned it wont flag up. Iv had my details taken numerous times, plus with what you said happening so long ago i would not worry about it damaging the chances of employment.

Back
Top Bottom