Far Cry 2 start, blurred vision...

Associate
Just loaded FC2, right at the beginning it seemed fine.. got out of the htoel, into the street, then passed out...

I then awoke in another room with 2 men in, got the guns from the table, used the health things from the box on the wall.. but could not actually see anything.. everything is so blurred.. waited 5 minutes thinking it may just be the game, but everything is really hazy, so much so you cant relly see anything...

I only knew where the guns and box on the wall were because the first time the game loaded, this part was all clear... Dont understand why this was ok the very first time I played it, but the second, and subsequent times, after the inital escape and fight on the street, which was all fine, the next time I awake, I cant see anything...

Whats going on...????

Soldato
You have malaria ingame. Press H to take your medicine. If you haven't got any medicine, go to the bar as the game tells you to, and the person there will give you some.

Associate
OP
Dont skip the videos and you might know whats going on

Good tip.. lol...

I had just built a new pc and was desperate just to see a game... I hadnt got audio working either, which didnt help!!!

I do now remember one of the geezers giving me something the first time I tried it...

Will try again tonight.. thanks

Associate
OP
Watched all the videos, took all the health things.. and still completely blurred screen all over.. This is not to be confused with the mild blurry pulsing effect around the peripheral of the screen due to infeciton.. this is a complete full screen haze, and you can just make out fuzzy colours and shapes...

I will try reinstalling the game tonight...

Associate
You need to find a jeep, then go and see the optician at point A. You will need to take out 2 guard posts on the way. The optician will test your eyes, but tell you that he doesn't have any glasses for you. To get glasses you must go and see the other specsavers branch on the other side of the map at point B. But you must deliver some contact lenses to them or they'll tell you to bolt.

Drive back past the 2 guard posts and kill everyone in them again. Then get on a bus to the other side of the map. Drive to the specsavers branch, taking out another 2 guard posts on the way. You will be thanked and given glasses. You can now see properly, huzzah!

Drive back to the bus station taking out the guard posts again. Get on the bus back to your original location. Take out another guard post, and get your new mission that will send you back over to the other side of the map again. Specsavers are in direct competition with 2020 and need to be taken out.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom