• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safe temperatures for AMD FX 8350

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
If you take Prime95 stability seriously Piledriver will drive you mad even with a high end cooler/watercooling, you'll struggle to get any sort of overclock whilst keeping temps in check under stress testing.

That is so true.

If you try and keep under the recommended maximums then forget stress testing at high clocks.

Soldato
Using a Phanteks, the socket temp is about +5C over the 'core temps' at 4.6GHz on prime. I have been priming at 4.6GHz with the socket at 67C and cores at 62-3C. I have observed no throttling at these temps. Similarly x264 bench at 5GHz does not throttle at similar socket temps although extended eight core usage at 5GHz will very quickly start to become too hot and is definitely not prime stable. Daily use at 5GHz does not seem to be a problem although much of the time it is idling.

I'm back after two weeks of enforced absence.:o sorry mods.

Last edited:

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
You wont see throttling at 67C.
That is quite low for 4.6Ghz P95.

Have you done any testing with small fft's ?
If you leave blend running long enough it will cycle through them.
8k and 12k are the worst heat wise.

Back
Top Bottom