Munich - Stag Ideas

Man of Honour
Hello all,

Looking for some ideas for a stag do in Munich in May. Participants will be mid-twenties. Looking for a good mix of activities, currently it's a blank canvas.

Thanks! :)

Associate
BMW factory make sure book the English tour, old Olympic park is getting on a bit but is interesting, and go to hofbraeuhaus

Man of Honour
Another vote for BMW Welt, museum and factory tour, Then visit the numerous pubs in the town centre as you do some sightseeing. End the day in a beerhall.

Associate
I organised a mate's stag do in Munich in April last year.

Get out to Kultfabrik, its an old factory in the east of Munich that has been converted into dozens of bars and clubs (there is even a strip club as it's a stag do!).

If you like football take a look at the fixtures and see if you can go when 1860 Munich are at home, no problem getting a ticket unlike Bayern. Watching a match is so much better than a stadium tour.

If you go late April/very early May Fruhlingsfest (Spring Beer Festival) will be on. This is like a smaller version of Oktoberfest, with beer tents and a fairground. We had a great time at last years.

Associate
+1 for the hoffbrauhaus. Also if you are a history nerd, do the third reich tours. Or get the train to Berchtesgaden and see the eagles nest and the remains of the Berghoff. Munich is a beautiful city with loads of bars and other gentlemanly entertainment.

Associate
If they have Beer bikes (youtube) do it. We went to Berlin for a stag do and the beer bike was one of the best things I have ever done, so much fun.

They'd been banned when we went in April last year, not sure if the ban was lifted.

Another thing you can do is go on a raft down the river for a few hours, accompanied by lots of beer.

Soldato
I organised a mate's stag do in Munich in April last year.

Get out to Kultfabrik, its an old factory in the east of Munich that has been converted into dozens of bars and clubs (there is even a strip club as it's a stag do!).

That place is horrid :D it was a bit dodgy when we went there, and the strip club seemed to bring out their B-Team by the looks of things :p

Oh, there is a guy we booked on our stag do called Max (iirc) who did a walking beer tour around Munich city center, honestly was the best 2-3 hours of the whole time we were at Munich (Oktoberfest). He literally walks around telling you about the city and pointing out landmarks, armed with a keg of beer and makes you play hilarious drinking games. Highly recommended for a good laugh.

Associate
That place is horrid :D it was a bit dodgy when we went there, and the strip club seemed to bring out their B-Team by the looks of things :p

I never ventured into the strip club so I'll take your word for that!:D

The bars we went in were pretty good, but I don't really remember much of that night!

Soldato
Be careful what you ask for....

When I went on my brothers stag do a few years ago, a bunch of the other guys got in a taxi and asked for the closest lap dancing club and where promptly taken to a brothel!

Apparently in Germany, table-dancing is when we call a lap dancing club, lap-dancing is code for brothel!

Lots of taking-the-**** was had at their expense the following day! :D

Soldato
Schwabing is where the best bars are in my opinion (I lived there for 5 years). Kultfabrik was called Kunstpark Ost when I was there, it's ok for a few beers and clubs but it's more your lower end type of place. If you are Northern you'll probably like it. :D ;)

In the daytime check out the beer gardens in the Englischegarten - the Chinese tower one is nice. Or hire some bikes and cycle down the Isar stopping at each beer garden.

Back
Top Bottom