Asus ROG Real Benchmark

Soldato
Anyone tried this yet?

LINKY

http://rog.asus.com/241042013/overclocking/rog-realbench-free-app-download-now/

********************************************************************************************

It’s “ROG” Realbench, so there must be ASUS favoritism, right?

By using open source apps there is absolutely NO ASUS-bias.

Why did we bother to make this then?

We’ve found no free, modern (it has SSE4 and AVX extensions added, and also tests DXVA), single benchmark can offer a rounded idea of the real value in the upgrade, overclock or simple BIOS tweak, so we took it on ourselves to create one. Please share and compare it with anyone looking to evaluate their system!

Where is it?

Keep scrolling! There’s a download link at the bottom of the page.

How do I use it?

Download it from the link at the bottom of the page, then extract the contents of the RAR file to any directory. Note that the speed of the HDD/SSD it’s placed on will affect the score!

It’s only got 3 benchmarks?

This is our first release – v1.0. Version 2.0 due in the coming months will add more open source tests versions to cover OpenCL, graphics performance and other functions like IO. If you have ideas of open source apps we could include in future releases – please let us know!

I got a great score!

Awesome! Come share it in our RealBench League table. We don’t mind which system you have, this is just for fun.

What is the stress test benchmark

What it says on the tin! If you want something less synthetic than Prime95, our Blender stress test will iteratively load your system with varying data-sets. Use this to ‘burn in’ an overclock or test long-term stability.

Is it free?

100% free to download, use and share between friends. Imagine if we made games!

Why does it keep stopping?

If you move the mouse or touch the keyboard while it’s running the benchmark will automatically abort. This is to prevent tampering with the app as it runs.

There is sound!

Note that the video test has sound – watch your speaker volume!

It is x64 ONLY!

We made the conscious choice to focus on a 64-bit version only. We believe everyone should be running a 64-bit OS these days considering modern GPU/DDR3 memory capacities. Equally, we’ve not tested it on antiquated XP-64 and since only 1.27% of our site visitors use Vista, we’ve solely focused on Win 7 and Win 8.

********************************************************************************************

Gonna download it and give it a go :).

Post your scores in here!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mines still downloading! Slow internet... sigh*

No problem, let me know what scores you get. Post your specs up too for comparison purposes.

Associate
Just a quick test with aero enabled, browser and a few other things still running

Image Editing
Time:180.951

Encoding
Time:169.426

Multitasking
Time:104.981

System Score

Soldato
still no better here, thought it would climb. I'm stuck at 103kb/s lol

As above my download was very slow but re started the download and it went too 800+kbs. Try re starting the download.

Anyway, installed and benched my system, and got this:-

Image editing 478
Encoding 469
Multitasking 846
System score 596

This on a [email protected]
16 gig ram
128 SSD
6970 Lightning graphics card

Not too bad - maybe?????

Mark

Soldato
My multi tasking seems to be way down compared to everyone elses!

I thought that too - but then I thought maybe it is because you don't have hyperthreading. Could that be the reason - think it would make a difference in multi tasking obviously.

Mark

Caporegime
you guys need a download manager,took just one min 20 sec for me

987p6o.jpg

score 610 with 2600k@ 4.5ghz

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A couple of runs from two of my rigs.

I am not sure what use this bench is as the results don't seem to mean a lot.

CPU 3960X @4.0
2 x GTX 690s @stock
RevoDrive 480gbs 3 x2 Max iops
Mem 2400mhz 9-11-11-25 1T 96
1b8y.jpg

CPU 3930k @5.0
4 x GTX Titans @+142/+222
2 x Samsung 240gbs 840pros
Mem 2400mhz 9-11-11-25 1T 96
z9x2.jpg

I am not sure what this bench is measuring, overclocking does not seem to make a big difference.

Associate
It appears to run some "real world" tasks. I guess overclocking doesn't make a tremendous difference there because these image filters that are being executed aren't very long running tasks, but there are lots of them.

Back
Top Bottom