Caught by a gatso. How do I obtain the calibration certificate and photo?

Permabanned
I was caught doing 38mph in a 30 zone. I cannot remember being flashed at all.

I hear it's wise to check the calibration certificate and the photo. Anyone know how I would go about obtaining this? Would I attach a covering letter when confirming who was driving at the time?

DM

DM

Permabanned
I was caught doing 38mph in a 30 zone. I cannot remember being flashed at all.

I hear it's wise to check the calibration certificate and the photo. Anyone know how I would go about obtaining this? Would I attach a covering letter when confirming who was driving at the time?

Should try harder, you could have been doing at least 50 on that bit of road :)

Soldato
That is a reasonable suggestion, yes. But completely different to "stop speeding?" which you can't apply to the NIP in the OP at all. :)

Well no, very true. But it is a good suggestion for the future.

To reiterate though op - you say you don't remember getting flashed, which sounds like you know you were speeding just don't remember the camera. So you could spend your life on pepipoo, trying to find every little loophole to weasel your way out of it, getting more and more stressed along the way. Or you could pay the fine, take it like a man, think "oh well, my fault" and go and carry on with your life

Soldato
To reiterate though op - you say you don't remember getting flashed, which sounds like you know you were speeding just don't remember the camera.

Sounds to me that he doesn't remember a flash bulb going off in his rear view mirror, the rest is just your assumption.

Soldato
Sounds to me that he doesn't remember a flash bulb going off in his rear view mirror, the rest is just your assumption.

Possibly, but if I'd had known I wasn't speeding I would have said so. I'd only pursue anything if I was confident I wasn't in the wrong

Caporegime
^ Very drole.

You write to the issuer of the NIP (snigger). But they probably won't give it to you unless you are intending to dispute it in court.

You can probably force them somehow before it reaches that stage, but I doubt it's worth the hassle unless you have a full time solicitor on your books.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the advice. I've been on a course before for talking on my mobile. I think you can only go on one in three years. I would like to see the photo and calibration though, as it wouldn't suprise me if something was amiss.

For all I know. some numpty working at Gatso central probably wanted to get out on time and so slaps me on the prosecution pile.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice. I've been on a course before for talking on my mobile. I think you can only go on one in three years. I would like to see the photo and calibration though, as it wouldn't suprise me if something was amiss.

For all I know. some numpty working at Gatso central probably wanted to get out on time and so slaps me on the prosecution pile.

Lol, yep, thats exactly how it works.

I think you should concentrate on improving your driving rather than trying to weasel your way out of things

Back
Top Bottom