• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 Temps When 1100 core

Soldato
Instead of the glue, you can just spread a bit of TIM on the heatsinks and put a tiny dab of superglue in two corners. Works a treat and comes off easy.

Btw, your temps are about normal for a non-ref cooler at those clocks.

Soldato
That's why I left my card at 1000 and stock volts. It was just too noisy and wasn't worth it for me. This way I get a nice little increase without the crazy temps and noise

Soldato
OP
Yer i might go back to my last Oc 1005/1500 that was with a tiny touch on the voltage.
But if i remember even at this oc temps still went into 70s

That's why I left my card at 1000 and stock volts. It was just too noisy and wasn't worth it for me. This way I get a nice little increase without the crazy temps and noise

Associate
Don't use the stock auto fan that starts at 33% it's rubbish use the Afterburner stock fan profile which is a lot better, soon as you change from auto to the stock you will see it jump from 33% to 40%+ on idle .

+1

You need to fine tune it for best results, but there are profiles that also do this as mentioned above.

Sorry i wouldn't know which profile will suit you best.

Soldato
Don't forget that ambient temps and case cooling will have an effect on this too.

My MSI card gets noisy above 65% (still way quieter than my old 5850 reference cooler) so it was more personal preference. If I need more performance later on I still have headroom to use.

Back
Top Bottom