Where to change copper coins

Soldato
come on with the pics!

Ahhh, OP realised he only had at maximum 47,000 coins rather than the hundreds of thousands in the first post :) But still impressive, PICS!
conservative estimate is 5-10,000 coins?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
come on with the pics!

Ahhh, OP realised he only had at maximum 47,000 coins rather than the hundreds of thousands in the first post :) But still impressive, PICS!
conservative estimate is 5-10,000 coins?

He's got a few of these:

moneyjar.jpg

Man of Honour
As said above your bank should take them, it's valid cash and you should be able to pay it into your account in whatever legal form.

Banks generally will take them but many restrict the amount they will take at any one time (3 bags seems to be a common amount) - the reason I've heard most is that they don't have enough space in the safe to deal with them, how true that is I have no idea. Now I use a bank with an automatic coin sorter - it's not enough of an incentive to change banks but it is a nice bonus to use it occasionally.

Not quite the same circumstances but it's interesting to note that in terms of legal tender a shopkeeper doesn't have to accept any amount over 20p if you're paying with 1p or 2p coins. Legal tender amounts.

Back
Top Bottom