• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD C60 boost feature

Associate
I'm considering a netbook or small laptop with the AMD C60, partly because the newest Atoms like the N2800 seem to have limited or faulty Ubuntu Linux compatibility at the moment. I know there are other AMD CPUs on smaller machines and have had an E450 laptop but wanted something very basic and cheap for out and about. (All the E450 laptops seem in a middle ground price- wise where their size and price would make me fret about breakage, whereas the netbooks inspire a more casual attitude, to my mind.)

I've seen that this dual core C60 can be boosted to 1.3 ghz. Is this only using Windows software or will any C60 machine have the feature in the BIOS?

I've read that the C60's graphics performance is a lot better than all the Atoms', and my wish for this is that the operating system (Ubuntu's Unity interface) will run fairly smoothly, not that I'd use games or anything - I'm hoping for program window sand menus to open without glitch as they wouldn't with my old single core N450 netbook.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom