3 Sim only 600 & iPhone tethering

Soldato
I've just switched to 3 with a sim only 600 contract and am trying to ascertain whether or not I can use the tethering feature that having a 3 sim enables?

3 seem to suggest I cannot, as it is only available on the ONE plan... but how would they know? I was hoping I could use tethering via iOS (with any usage coming our of my data allowance) as have been using MiWi previously without any additional charges obviously.

They're also saying that 3 charge 10p per MB over your data limit.... does that sound correct? Do they not provide a warning once your near your limit?

:confused:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Three wont enable it on the iPhone, you have to Jailbreak in order to tether unless you're on The One Plan (or have all you can eat data).

Man of Honour
Ah, ok then. I imagine it will come out of your data plan as normal then.

You probably will get a warning when near the limit, but I'd check with them.

Soldato
OP
Well that's what's weird- i've asked 3 and they say it's only available on the one plan... Am wondering if I use it, will I be charged extra...

3 website clearly says: "Internet allowance is not for use as a modem. 10p/MB if allowance exceeded. Terms apply." hmmmmm

Last edited:
Associate
I think as long as you don't go over your allowance you're fine.I have a plan with 2gb of data, and use it with a internet stick occasionally, never been charged. I think tethering with a mobile device should be fine. Give it a try and check your balance online, if you get charged, then stop...

Back
Top Bottom