Moving abroad, 02 contract help please

Associate
Hi,

I'm moving abroad (HK) in the new year and trying sort stuff out and it's mobile phone time.

I currently have an iPhone 4 on an 18 month contract with o2 (bought from an o2 retail store 6 months ago). I just spoke to o2 and they tell me I can now get the phone unlocked (done!) so I can use it with another network in HK, but obviously I'll need to continue to pay the contract here in the uk (£35pm) until the end of the contract.

I have a friends who is on PAYG so my plan is to give him my current SIM and get his number transferred to mine so that at least someone is getting some benefit for my £35pm. Helpfully o2 have said that as he has an older phone (Sony Ericsson) they can reduce the monthly to £20 (300mins, unlimited txt, unlimited uk landline) for the remainder of the contract which seems fair to me.

2 problems, first by doing this I'll lose my current number and won't be able to get it back if/when I come back to the uk which is a pain. The other issue is he isn't with o2 for PAYG but Vodaphone (because of reception where he lives) so not ideal.

Any suggestions for how to solve these problems?

Thanks,

T

Associate
OP
I can transfer it (or transfer my friends number to my contract which I'll keep paying) just wonder if there is a way to do it where I can somehow retain my existing number for future use and/or do it for a friend not on o2 PAYG.

T

Back
Top Bottom