I can't register for online banking with Santander

Soldato
I'm trying to register for online banking as it's about time I did so but i'm having no luck. :(

I use Santander and i'm trying to register online but after i've put all my details in and click 'submit' nothing at all happens, not even a loading screen or anything. It's like the button doesn't work and I have no idea what i've done wrong as i've triple checked all my details.

Anyone had issues like this and if so, how can I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Soldato
The first thing I'd do would be to use a different browser and see what happens. I use Internet Explorer for circumstances where I'd not use my normal browser. Often I find it's adblock or something similar that's causing it. It'll also eliminate cookie problems.

Soldato
OP
Internet Explorer? Wouldn't that be suicide? I do use AdBlockPlus on my FireFox, i'll try and disable that and have another go and if that fails i'll try Chrome but i'm actually worried about using IE.

Soldato
OP
Uninstalled ADP and it seems to be working but now i'm getting this:

Please check your entry wherever you see a red asterisk ( * )
as some of the details you have entered are incorrect or missing.

on

Card number (without spaces)

Even though it's exactly like it is on my card, both fields match and i've not copy/pasted it.

Getting sick of this already.

Soldato
Just use internet explorer. If you're really being serious about being scared to use it then first of all your head is full of nonsense, it's perfectly fine. And secondly since you're only going to go to the Santander site nothing can happen anyway.

I keep IE for things like this - when I need to use a browser with no plugins because Chrome/Firefox aren't working.

Soldato
Because it is disgusting...

I use it when I must at work, but apart from that I use Chrome :)

As a side point, OP, I'd get in touch with Santander tomorrow, probably your best bet..

kd

Browser snobbery...

You'd rather not be able to register for online banking because you won't try to use Internet Explorer? What do you think Santander will say when he phones tomorrow? What browser are you using? Use a different browser. Clear all cookies. Uninstall it and reinstall it. Remove all plugins.

The simplest thing is to try Internet Explorer and see what happens. Refusing to use it is wllfull stupidity, of the highest hipster levels.

Soldato
Browser snobbery...

You'd rather not be able to register for online banking because you won't try to use Internet Explorer? What do you think Santander will say when he phones tomorrow? What browser are you using? Use a different browser. Clear all cookies. Uninstall it and reinstall it. Remove all plugins.

The simplest thing is to try Internet Explorer and see what happens. Refusing to use it is wllfull stupidity, of the highest hipster levels.

I didn't say that... I dislike it because it's disgusting... I've already admitted that I use it when needs must....

kd

Soldato
No, the visa debit is the one to use. That's what I used to register mine. I did find them to be terrible when I set up my account. They got several things wrong.

Soldato
I'm trying to register for online banking as it's about time I did so but i'm having no luck. :(

I use Santander and i'm trying to register online but after i've put all my details in and click 'submit' nothing at all happens, not even a loading screen or anything. It's like the button doesn't work and I have no idea what i've done wrong as i've triple checked all my details.

Anyone had issues like this and if so, how can I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

It's not just you. When I try is says my card number is invalid, despite having the card in front of me and checking it numerous times.

DcD

DcD

Associate
I have business banking with Santander and use the online banking service. I've never been able to log in using any card details. Also, if this helps, every time I use Firefox to log in it cries at me several times that Santander doesn't "officially support" that browser; only IE. After a few dialogue boxes saying you acknowledge that problem then it works fine.

You should have got a passcode, ID number and registration number in the post from them. This is what I have to use, despite apparently being able to to use my card details.

Back
Top Bottom