Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
A couple of pics of my new toy:

100_0936.jpg

100_0938.jpg

I'll get some pics of the others in my collection soon.

Associate
Yamaha pacifica 112J
Hohnor Countryman acoustic

@ CaptainFail! thats a very sparkling clean ESP LTD KH-602 do you wipe or polish after you play? or dust wipe and polish? :p

nice axes all. Be nice if some of the original starters of the thread stuck there heads in :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Be nice if some of the original starters of the thread stuck there heads in :D

I was #37 so I'll update my list -

Guitars -
Gibson Les Paul Standard 96, Yamaha SG2000 70's, Fender American Strat 78, Jackson PS2, Hayman 4040 bass, Steinberger Spirit bass, Squier Bronco bass, Line 6 Variax 300 & Yamaha acoustic.

Keyboards -
Korg Trinity, Ensoniq ESP and Roland E200 controller

Drums -
Yamaha Stage Custom with Zildjian cymbals
Pearl Export with Zildjian cymbals

Mikes -
SM57, SM58 and Electrovoice CO9.
Wireless Electrovoice C09

Amplifier -
Marshall Valvestate 200 AV150 and ext cab
Sessionette 75

Effects -
Line 6 Pod
Boss GT5
Line 6 Guitarport
Korg something or other

Recording -
Zoom 1044 Multitracker
PC running Sonar Production Studio/EZ Drummer etc

PA -
Studiomaster Horizon 1200 Powered Mixer
Studiomaster Powerhouse 700 Powered Mixer
Soundcraft FX16:2 desk
Up to 6k of amps inc Studiomaster and Peavey.
Speakers by JBL, Celestion SR1s and OHM.
Mackie PA comprising 2 x SRM450s and 4x SWA1501s
DBX Driverack
Behringer SX2442FX mixing desk

Monitors -
Behringer 100 watt rack mixer driving 2 x 15" JBLs

Lights -
8 x 56 par cans & controller
2 x 4 way I-Colours
2 x mushrooms

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Doing some refurb, so it was good occasion to line up some usually hanging or resting in cases suspects on the sofa.

First the oldies, knock abouts and projects. From left to right:
1984 Ibanez Roadstar II RS130BK - bought for five ten pound notes. Currently, as you can see it's being renovated
1990 Langowski Hand Made super strat - my second electric guitar ever, first proper one from teenage years, hand picked for all the money I had at the time, hand made by good luthier, later on added EMG pups to it. Now it's all faded and waiting it's turn for TLC, but man, the things and gigs that guitar witnessed in its time...
2008 Harvey Benton 5 string bass. Cheapest bass I could find, from Thomann in Germany. Turns out it's also called Shine SB25 on this side of the water.
1995 Ibanez Roadstar II RS320 - great guitar, fantastic value for money, instrument I use most these days. Has some battle scars but it's just such a great and versatile instrument.
v0ng2.jpg

Now, the underused, guilty pleasure, girlfriend headache inducing "why do you have so many guitars" arsenal:
1999 Levinson Blade Texas Standard Deluxe - the one strat to rule them all. With original Swiss era headstock, VSC circuit. Marillion's Steve Rothery etc etc. Unbelievable action, incredible tone. And was a bargain of century.

1997 Japanese Fender Stratocaster 59 reissue non-export, Japanese market only Dyna Gakki "Crafted in Japan" ash body/maple neck 59 reissue turned into historically incorrect "gilmourish" strat - I put EMG David Gilmour Signature DG-20 set in it and swapped scratchplate for three ply black one. Superb guitar which, due to all the other instruments occupying my hands, I never, ever use, have to sell to free up space and just can't force myself to list it on ebay.

2009 Fender American Series VG Stratocaster - 37 Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster, humbucking, 12-string, and acoustic sounds in various tunings - it's like Line 6 Variax but prettier, and when it runs out of batteries you still have fully functional US strat. Fender has just discontinued them and importer dropped prices by by 50%. Had to be had.

2005 Fender Showmaster Blackout - "but what do you mean >>enough guitars<< honey? It was £145, no bids on ebay, and it has Seymour Duncans, the pickups themselves costs more. It's like - I'm earning money just by having it standing in the corner"

2008 PRS SE Singlecut Custom If there is one guitar, every bedroom guitarist in the world should have as second guitar it's this one. It might not be as pretty as knock off epipoonies and all, but it's the guitar that blows any singlecut under £1000 so far out of the water you won't find them even in remote vicinity of any H2O on google maps.

2006 Gibson Les Paul BFG in black - it's like disgrunted employee in Bozeman, Montana or Nashville, Tennessee took a chisel to LP Standard and gone to town with it. It's raw like Kerry Katona's talent, as appealing in touch as Liza Minelli's wrinkled armpits and I swear, sometimes I wake up at night, breathless and with cold sweats, that how ugly this instrument is. But it has soap bar and it's without a doubt the best bang for back Gibson there ever was.
v0ng1.jpg

Yeah... now that I look at it.. I should probably sell half of them...

... and then fill up the gaps on the wall with new stuff.

Last edited:
Associate
Yamaha pacifica 112J
Hohnor Countryman acoustic

@ CaptainFail! thats a very sparkling clean ESP LTD KH-602 do you wipe or polish after you play? or dust wipe and polish? :p

nice axes all. Be nice if some of the original starters of the thread stuck there heads in :D

I only really clean my guitars when I restring them haha, most of the time they're covered in dust and finger prints :p

v0n

v0n

Soldato
hey v0n how passable is the Harvey Benton bass?

I am looking at getting the 6-string model of your bass for a defretting project, so obviously don't want to spend much.

Cheers

It's all over the place. Pickups are not "that" bad, paint work is pretty decent, machineheads have no slack, bridge doesn't rattle, so it's immediately put together better than a lot products with "brand name" on them (I am looking at you Squier labeled atrocious excuses for instuments) but then you look closer and it becomes evident where the pricetag come from - fretboard is just horrible quality, if you find a bit of space in cavities that isn't covered with paint you start thinking a few more glued joints and it would be classified as plywood. Stringing choice on mine is just bizarre, it looks like it was intended for EADGH or EADGC instead of BEADG like 5 string bass should be.

And of course there is plenty of random string buzz here and there. But then I wanted 5 string with single coil and hambucker for little to no money and this thing was less than £100 and it's just for recording back tracks, not for joining Level42 tribute band so - all in all - it's good enough. In retrospect, I should have probably gone for something like used 4 string yamaha or old Ibanez from fleabay.

Man of Honour
It's all over the place. Pickups are not "that" bad, paint work is pretty decent, machineheads have no slack, bridge doesn't rattle, so it's immediately put together better than a lot products with "brand name" on them (I am looking at you Squier labeled atrocious excuses for instuments) but then you look closer and it becomes evident where the pricetag come from - fretboard is just horrible quality, if you find a bit of space in cavities that isn't covered with paint you start thinking a few more glued joints and it would be classified as plywood. Stringing choice on mine is just bizarre, it looks like it was intended for EADGH or EADGC instead of BEADG like 5 string bass should be.

And of course there is plenty of random string buzz here and there. But then I wanted 5 string with single coil and hambucker for little to no money and this thing was less than £100 and it's just for recording back tracks, not for joining Level42 tribute band so - all in all - it's good enough. In retrospect, I should have probably gone for something like used 4 string yamaha or old Ibanez from fleabay.

Hmm might have to think about it then. I want to make it fretless so a bad board is gonna be a problem. I might off load my dean 8string to get some cash. Cheers anyway.

Soldato
Is that the C1 Classic? I'm buying one in a couple of weeks time :D is it as great as everyone says? Can I also ask where you purchased and price? Cheapest I've found in the UK is £679...

Aye, tis a C1 Classic. I bought mine for £300 off eBay.

If you look on ultimate-guitar forums, there's a guy in the UK selling his blue one (which looks awesome) with upgraded pickups for about £450.

They are great guitars. The SD's sound great and it's built very well. The neck profile is a bit strange - it's not like any other guitar I've played. It feels really nice to me, but you might not like it - most people who don't like Schecter's don't like them because of the necks. I'd suggest trying it out first before buying one if you can.

Associate
Aye, tis a C1 Classic. I bought mine for £300 off eBay.

If you look on ultimate-guitar forums, there's a guy in the UK selling his blue one (which looks awesome) with upgraded pickups for about £450.

They are great guitars. The SD's sound great and it's built very well. The neck profile is a bit strange - it's not like any other guitar I've played. It feels really nice to me, but you might not like it - most people who don't like Schecter's don't like them because of the necks. I'd suggest trying it out first before buying one if you can.

Yeah unfortunatly theres nowhere anywhere near (< 120 miles) that sell them, but the site I'll probably end up buying it from have a 30 day refund policy for people buying without trying. £300 though! Damn that's a bargain!

Back
Top Bottom