Dartford swimming pool, anyone remember?

Soldato
These will bring back some memories... :)

f5a5fbab.jpg

a90f9c80.jpg

ec4ddaf3.jpg

6d28cc68.jpg

e4ba8ca2.jpg

e6316053.jpg

1329ae1f.jpg

96c9e9f6.jpg

33687c24.jpg

6a91b76a.jpg

a88ddf0b.jpg

24a8174d.jpg

Soldato
Ahh maan this place was awesome :D

Edit: Waaaaait a minute... I must be thinking about a different water park, because what I'm thinking about still exists :p

Man of Honour
Fear not, because splashdown in Poole still exists. I have rarely laughed so hard as going on the tire ride with friends :D

Hey wait a minute some of those pictures are identical to Splashdown :eek:

They must have been twin parks!

Soldato
Fear not, because splashdown in Poole still exists. I have rarely laughed so hard as going on the tire ride with friends :D

Hey wait a minute some of those pictures are identical to Splashdown :eek:

They must have been twin parks!

I think this is the one I'm thinking of also :D Awesome place :)

Associate
a90f9c80.jpg

Went to Fantaseas 1992 with my girlfriend at the time and I think not long before it was shut down.

The water in the picture reminds me we saw loads of water leaking from the joints of big slides onto the foundations and remember there was talk of subsidence at the time.

There was also some minor injuries (no razor blades lol) just people with bruised/ grazed vertebrae...perhaps the subsidence was the cause of stress on the tube joints on the faster flues?. I certainly remember a rather bumby ride on my spine down the black hole (didn't stop me having another go!).

All the above aside.....We had a brilliant time (especially on the donut slide/pool).

Thanks for the memories :)

Associate
I know this is an old topic, just been talking about this with a friend and a google search dont show much, brought me here tho. So i just wanted to add me 2 bobs worth.

Been around 13 at the time and it been local to me i went there quiet a lot. I dont think i ever paid to get in, used to sneak in through the exit doors. :D

I remember the kamikaze well as i only went on it once, hight restriction as i was to small. Small white slide only about 15ft long that shot you into a small pool. Also the Bermuda triangle, which was the one you went on on the rubber rings, never went on that either as i was to small. :( There was 6 slides and i went on them all, the black hole and the small blue one at the top were obviously the best.

I had a friend who worked security there after it was shut down, going to the old flumes on skateboards, a couple of them had dropped a few inches in places, so it was a bit bumpy.

Nice pics moogly, very nostalgic, its surprising that there is not more info on the place on the net, its pretty scarce.

Back
Top Bottom