• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX Warranty

Soldato
OP
Great news - I will drop the guys at OcUK a line and get this sorted out - although I will miss the rather hapless Shaun_T - I'm sure I'll get over it when my replacement arrives ;)

Soldato
OP
Well thank heavens for OcUK! I had a chat to the helpful chaps in Tech Support and they issued me an RMA there and then so the card is now winging its way to them now.:)

The rather unhelpful Shaun_T has subsequently written back to me with further 'helpful' suggestions - so I intent to continue my support session with them - as much out of curiosity, as bloody mindedness - just to see where it leads, and how long it takes them to provide the same level of service that took all of 15 seconds with the guys here! I'll update if anything interesting developes.

Soldato
Well thank heavens for OcUK! I had a chat to the helpful chaps in Tech Support and they issued me an RMA there and then so the card is now winging its way to them now.:)

The rather unhelpful Shaun_T has subsequently written back to me with further 'helpful' suggestions - so I intent to continue my support session with them - as much out of curiosity, as bloody mindedness - just to see where it leads, and how long it takes them to provide the same level of service that took all of 15 seconds with the guys here! I'll update if anything interesting developes.

Glad to hear we are getting you sorted out. :)

We will confirm the fault once it is in our hands and see about getting a replacement sorted.

Soldato
We have it in place where 9/10 we can send a brand new replacement card out within a couple of days of the card being tested. :cool:

We will confirm the fault once it is in our hands and see about getting a replacement sorted.

If this is the case (i.e. u test it then issue a replacement) I think u need to replace the word "pending" with "subject to", otherwise it seems like u are providing a replacement card whilst u test it :D

***EXCLUSIVE Premium Priority 2 Year Warranty***

In the unlikely event of your card failing within 2 Years, OcUK will replace your card with a brand new one, pending testing within our standard RMA/ testing terms and conditions (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/support.php)

Soldato
I always find condescension and sarcasm the most satisfying response to stupidity - even if it isn't particularly constructive;)

or particularly correct, you've tried to quote the Sales of Goods act in a situation it doesn't apply to - with the original manufacturer. The sales of goods act governs the contract between you and the retailer, the warranty offered by XFX is in addition/separate to your statutory rights.

Soldato
OP
^^ Absolutely correct - and I actually got pulled up on it by XFX which surprised me - guess they get a lot of complaints and have extensive knowledge of the regs ;)

A word of warning to any of you planning on buying XFX cards from anyone other than OcUK: I was shown the light by a different rep who pointed out that XFX only offers ONE YEAR of warranty to customers...

WARRANTY PERIOD: XFX warranties hardware Product for a period of one (1) year from purchase from an authorised XFX reseller

The 2 years that was bandied about if for Distributers and not us :mad:

However - as pointed out above, OcUK have supplemented this (rather meagre) allowance with another year out of the goodness of their hearts (or an astute sense of the value of good customer relations ;))

Just to show I'm fair in my whining - the rest of the correspondence is attached below - I get 'pwned' good - so have a chuckle at my expense - but don't miss the point - XFX really are bad at customer relations.

[SHAUN_T 5/19/2009 10:43:02 AM] Hi Shane, thanks for your message. Sorry to see you feel this way, but the system is showing your graphics card as out of warranty. Did you manage to test a different card in your system? Kind regards, Shaun.

[ 5/19/2009 4:48:56 PM] Yes, as stated in my original post, I am currently running my nVidia 280 GTX in the same system and it runs fine.

[THOMAS 5/19/2009 5:45:28 PM] Hi Shane, our system shows your card is out of warranty, the SGSA applies between the reseller and yourself. You will need to talk to your reseller regarding your RMA. As our system shows you are out of warranty all I could offer you is a subsidised replacement against your faulty card. Best regards Tom.

[ 5/19/2009 8:21:53 PM] I was under the impression that you offer a 2 year warranty on all XFX cards. My card was purchased on the 7 April 2008. How can it be out of warranty?

[THOMAS 5/20/2009 10:30:11 AM] Hi Shane, The distributors ( XFX`s customer) get up to 2 years warranty with us, due to the vagaries of getting the card through the sales channel and possibly back (for RMA). So we support them with a two year warranty to ensure the reseller provides you with 1 full year. Hope this helps, regards Tom

Soldato
XFX happen to have the lowest % failure rate of all the ATI partners since we have taken them back on and as you have highlighted above we have special terms in place.

We would not consider stocking their products unless we could offer a very competative support service, which we have thankfully managed to negotiate.

Just to remind anyone with an XFX card purchased from OcUK, get in touch with us if you have any trouble with your cards and we will sort the issue out. :)

Soldato
im surprised they even handle RMA's at all now, when i tried (year or more ago) they simply didnt do it, although that meant i got pleasently surprised with the RMA service of a different e-tailer where theyd let me pick a date for a courier to turn up, and hed come and give me a new card and take away the old one.

Only delt with OCUK RMA once and wasnt exactly happy (they sent the same faulty board back and the packaging didnt even appear to have been opened, and it had a corrupt bios on it, and a dodgy audio chip that never did work but meh. That was YEARS ago though...around the time when they sent me a hard drive id purchased in a jiffy bag...that got put through my letter box...and dropped.

Still, been happier with the service the few times i have used OCUK in the last year.

Associate
XFX happen to have the lowest % failure rate of all the ATI partners since we have taken them back on and as you have highlighted above we have special terms in place.

We would not consider stocking their products unless we could offer a very competative support service, which we have thankfully managed to negotiate.

Just to remind anyone with an XFX card purchased from OcUK, get in touch with us if you have any trouble with your cards and we will sort the issue out. :)

This puts my mind at ease, from reading this XFX sounded garbage, always perfer dealing with the UK on anything warranty related too.

Back
Top Bottom