Quickest and easiest way to get a micro-sim

Soldato
OP
I'd just cut your own SIM to be honest. You have a new one coming anyway!

Using someone else's wont hurt though if you're mega desperate. I'd rather not myself, but I'm a bit weird about things like that.

True I could cut the sim down but if incorrectly done would leave me without a phone lol :D

But yeah if I put someone elses Sim in it would always feel like its registered to them or something similar. Why does a Sim even need to be put in to activate it anyway?

Soldato
I would personally avoid using a SIM cutter. Reason being is that they can and do often cut the SIM wrongly, taking off too much plastic around the edges, causing the SIM to short out against the SIM tray (and they cost more than a pair of already-owned scissors!). Also, the rough edges aren't nice, if you're fussy like me :D

I would instead recommend using this template, and a pair of scissors.

You might want to stick it down with double sided tape to stop it moving around when being cut. After that, you may want to round the edges a bit with a file. This got me a perfect micro SIM!

Soldato
OP
So I used the template and cut down the sim. Works in the phone fine, but only 2 bars of signal compared to full signal before. Could be a phone issue though.

*edit, 3G was on so it was lower signal, turned it off seems to be better now*

Soldato
OP
My new fully working purchase!!

Picked it up for a bargain of £240 for a 16gb iphone 4

outwitholdlr.jpg

Soldato
OP
Awww your old one looks sad, the unloved phone from the old phone recycling adverts...

he has been trusty and placed in the book of records with me. Had it for nearly 3 years, just got too slow to bare. Not replaced, he just had some rare candy and evolved.

Back
Top Bottom