• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Soldato
geI94u6.png

Attachments

• JFmZ8CM.png
    JFmZ8CM.png
    443 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Soldato
Nice list :)

Had a couple HIS cards myself, no luck with their support at all. Happily OcUK were very helpful in getting me a replacement quickly :D

Soldato
OP
Sure i remember some forum members waiting months for there GPU card to be returned from an RMA with powercolour
I'll have a dig around and add them to the list, thanks.
lucky for all us HIS customers, gibbo is sorting al our issues out should we have one
Nice one mate, same for me, I have only picked HIS because OCUK is handling the warranty process.
Is that for the full 2 year duration of the warranty? how did you find that out? :)

Caporegime
Nice one Nelly, Gigabyte are currently my number one consideration anyway but I didn't realise MSI are UK RMA base so that's a bonus. :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
no the full 2 years is dealt with by ocuk, did you read gibbos post ?

HIS, Sapphire and XFX all have 2yr warranty which OcUK warrant.
so to me and everyone else i think that reads, if you have a HIS SAPPHIRE or XFX card, and it needs RMAing within the 2 year warranty period OcUK will deal with it, and if they find it faulty, will replace

that is why i think most people have gone for HIS Sapphire and XFX cards ( safest bet for easy RMA )

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
no the full 2 years is dealt with by ocuk, did you read gibbos post ?

so to me and everyone else i think that reads, if you have a HIS SAPPHIRE or XFX card, and it needs RMAing within the 2 year warranty period OcUK will deal with it, and if they find it faulty, will replace

that is why i think most people have gone for HIS Sapphire and XFX cards ( safest bet for easy RMA )
Just looked further on within the actual thread it, so all is good. :)
£30 :) Just buy the HIS - the cards and warranty will be the same as OcUK are dealing with the warranty, even in the 2nd year.
OcUK should put that on the cards description page where you click to buy, might entice more people to buy them than their already is. :)

Soldato
Asus - ? ? ? RMA Base - 2-3 Year Warranty (Take's over 4 weeks for Graphics Card RMA) AVOID!

Bought an Asus card from a competitor before Xmas. Clarified before buying that the 3 year warranty was with the UK based retailer. Had read that some retailers selling the card would only deal with RMA for the first 12 months. Also price was too good to turn away.

Great list and thanks for the hard work. I'm sure many will appreciate it.

Associate
I had a powercolour gpu and RMA'd at the local computer store, took nearly 3 months to recieve a replacement which was then a HIS gpu.

My 1950pro died on me which was HIS, took a month to be replaced.

Current 4870 is doing great :) touch wood ha.

Soldato
OP
Useful thread. Epic title apostrophe fail :p
I can spell thats about it I'm afraid. I never bothered turning up much to school lol. :)
i thought the 5*** and 6*** had a 2 year warranty ? , that was stated on the product page on the powercolor 5830 i got from ocuk early last year .
so it was incorrect ?
Just done abit of searching it is 2 years, will ammend.

Soldato
Bought an Asus card from a competitor before Xmas. Clarified before buying that the 3 year warranty was with the UK based retailer. Had read that some retailers selling the card would only deal with RMA for the first 12 months. Also price was too good to turn away.

Great list and thanks for the hard work. I'm sure many will appreciate it.

I hope this is true as I have 2 ASUS cards. 5970 and 5870 with over 2 years warranty left on them.

Back
Top Bottom