• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 7950 not waking from sleep

Associate
Hey,

I recently bought a Sapphire 7950 OC, but seem to be having some trouble with it. With it installed it seems to have become a lottery whether the pc wakes from sleep or not. I often get a black screen (correction: the monitor shows no signal) and the fans run, but nothing happens. Eventually I have to crash the pc. Strangely, it would seem the longer the pc has been asleep the more likely it is that it will fail to wake (especially an hour or more). The pc does not seem to be working in the background, I haven't been unable to turn it off or restart it blindly.

I've seen others have had difficulty with the zero power core feature when the monitor goes to sleep, but I don't seem to suffer this problem at all-only when the pc itself is asleep. So I'm not sure if it's related. I've tried all the usual stuff (all available drivers I could find, OS reinstall, reseating etc) but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Haven't noticed any problems in games or video and it runs both cool and quiet. Spec is as in my sig. I haven't overclocked the card myself and haven't installed anything like Trixx etc yet, until I can figure this out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't get your problem but i do get a problem with sleep mode also. In my case my fan is at lets say 20% and it jump to about 100% every 5 seconds or so. Its quite then you suddenly hear a jet take off.

Associate
OP
I had thought of turning off sleep, but I frequently use it, so it's a shame to not be able to use it.

So it's most likely to be a driver problem opposed to hardware then? I was concerned the card might be faulty. Don't think I've experienced the problem with a 7870 in the family's similarly configured pc.

Back
Top Bottom