• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

560Ti or 650Ti? Which to go for?

Associate
Hi all, just a quick question.

Which should I go for? The 560Ti or the 650Ti?

(The 650Ti specifically being "MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti OC Power Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card" from OCUK
And the 560Ti being the "TWIN FROZR II" I believe)

I was curious just because I'm currently running the NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB which does a dandy job as it stands. But it seems like it needs a bit more juice to run BF3 on ultra. I know 3 friends who have the 560Ti 1GB and say running BF3 on ultra was like a walk in the park. Very smooth, etc.

Just wanted to get some opinions on this =]
Thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
Ah right, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!

Um I hadn't actually considered the 2GB 7850, no.

Reckon this would suit my PC nicely?

"MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr III OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards w/ Nexuiz & Sleeping Dogs PC Games [V273-003R]"

System Specification
- Case: Antec 300 Case with Purple LED Fans
- Power Supply: XFX 650W Pro Power supply
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.60GHz Sandybridge CPU
- Motherboard: Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
- Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
- Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6GB/s
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

I think I'd only need to make sure it could fit into my case if it gets the thumbs up.

Associate
I cant believe people actually consider the 650TI when it gets spanked by a 7850 1GB eben before overclocking, and thoroughly thrashed after both are overclocked. :confused:

Associate
OP
I just put it down to my own lack of knowledge of the cards really :(

I'll most likely go for the 2GB 7850 then. Would just need to check to see if the card can fit, then happy days! :)

Cheers for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom