Port forwarding - DGTeam firmware

Soldato
I have flashed my Netgear 834N with the DGTeam firmware and am trying to set up port forwarding on the router for UDP on a given port. I have set up a service with UDP (port) and then created a rule to allow it on one IP address on my internal network.

When I use sites like canyouseeme it says port isn't opened. Is there anything else I need to check? This firmware has given me a much more complicated list of settings.

Associate
Your checklist:
-Did you make sure that the server has a static ip?
-Did you make sure that the server firewall has the correct permissions?
-Did you make sure to forward the ports correctly (ie don't use/fill in trigger ports)?
-Is the server/service running at the time your checking?

Soldato
OP
The machine has an address reservation in the address table.

I have no idea about permissions. How does this work? Ports seem to be forwarded ok.

Soldato
Port forwarding works fine for me on DGTeam firmware.
Did you make sure that you assigned the service to an INBOUND firewall rule, as if you assigned it to an Outbound firewall rule it will have no effect (all outbound ports are allowed by default)
Doublecheck that the IP is correct, both in your forwarding rule and on the machine you are forwarding to.

Associate
It might be worth putting your IP in to the DMZ zone then checking with canyouseeme.org. If this still doesn't work then it's a problem on your PC, be it the firewall or listening service isn't started correctly. If it works, then you have a rule issue.

Soldato
OP
I tried putting it in the DMZ but kept getting "connection timed out" messages. No idea what is going on here. Maybe need to disable windows firewall too.

Associate
What service / port are you trying to forward to? Normally Windows Firewall will bring up an alert or question box when it detects an application that is trying to open an incoming port, but you can always add a rule manually in control panel.

Associate
http://planeplotter.pbworks.com/MLAT-Introduction#HintonPortForwarding
Router Port Forwarding can be realised by using UPNP. Plane Plotter makes a batch file upnpmaster.bat in the PlanePlotter directory.
Prerequisites:

* Router must support UPNP (and have it enabled)
* Run upnpmaster.bat

Try that instead? (making sure that UPNP is on the router, UPNP plug and play host, and SSDP server is turned on at the server)

Soldato
OP
I got it sorted. Well I didn't change anything. I just realised that using sites like canyouseeme won't work for UDP ports. Downloaded portforward.com tool and it showed port was open.

Back
Top Bottom