How fast can you run 2.4km (1.5 miles)?

Soldato
When i trained for the army i done the 1.5 mile run in 9m 49s. I also only used to run twice every other week and used to do 38-40min 5.5 mile runs which aint bad.

Soldato
So 9:18 is the target to hit. Running at 10mph would give me a 9 minute time. I know I can run at 12mph for 0.5 miles, so it might be achievable. Might have to give it a try. :)

Those times are shocking, tbh. I was RMP and we had a fair bit of leeway with BPFA times - 10:30 was a "fail" (in as much as you could fail the BPFA). If a Para ran over 9 minutes, I'd be asking for his cap-badge.

Soldato
Those times are shocking, tbh. I was RMP and we had a fair bit of leeway with BPFA times - 10:30 was a "fail" (in as much as you could fail the BPFA). If a Para ran over 9 minutes, I'd be asking for his cap-badge.

IIRC we were given about 11mins to run 1.5mile in FFO (full fighting order, weighing 25lbs) back in the day.

Soldato
IIRC we were given about 11mins to run 1.5mile in FFO (full fighting order, weighing 25lbs) back in the day.

These times are for the fitness test, rather than the combat fitness test. Fitness is the press-up/sit-up/run, done PT gear. The combat test is the one done in fighting gear and has different times. 11 mins in greens is about right :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
I presume you are asking due to it being an army fitness test?

So 9:18 is the target to hit. Running at 10mph would give me a 9 minute time. I know I can run at 12mph for 0.5 miles, so it might be achievable. Might have to give it a try. :)

How'd you guess?:p

Although for the Australian Army but the times are a bit different.
Once i map out 2.4km around my town or local Footbal Oval ill post up what i can do.
After reading the results people posted so far im hoping to get somewhere in the 9s before i go in:)

Associate
i had to do some tests for armed forces and currently training for RMs

I did my 1.5 miler in just under 9 mins though the treadmill was limit to 16KPH

I believe now though you need to run 1.5 miles with a increased uphill slant and then again 1.5 miles after 1 min rest with aim under 10 mins.

my 3 mile time is 19.53 though i need to get down to 18 mins tbh, 5 miler.70yards is 34.30 though again i would like to get down to 33/32

hux

hux

Soldato
When i was a gopher in the ta, bft was about 8.20m

If i was to say now, hmm tricky id say between 10-12minutes, but i am nearly 17st so don't really do it often, as it'll hammer the joints not to mention the treadmill.

Caporegime
The best I've ever done was 8:50 iirc. If I had to do it it now it would be closer to 10minutes though :(

O and that was on a treadmill, which is easier imo to do timed runs.

Soldato
To be fair, 1.5 mile times are dependant on where you do the run (treadmill, flat, hilly etc) and your age plays a factor.

True. My best in the last 12 months was <8:30 min on the road & flat. I'm 45 :)

That said I don't train for that type of distance. Have had a bit of a break from running (about 8 months) but now back in the swing of things so only have a couple of recent 6min mile efforts to base my claims on :p

Soldato
Think my best was around 9mins, about 9:30 or so and that was when I use to run quite a lot and I ran so hard I almost threw up at the end of it :p
Doubt I would do it now

Soldato
True. My best in the last 12 months was <8:30 min on the road & flat. I'm 45 :)

That said I don't train for that type of distance. Have had a bit of a break from running (about 8 months) but now back in the swing of things so only have a couple of recent 6min mile efforts to base my claims on :p

That's pretty quick for your age. Not as fast as the 7:26 someone I know did at about the same age but then he used to be a pro runner and one of only a handful of Scots that have done an official sub 4 min mile....

For people that have not done the 1.5 mile but have done other distances, you can use this calculator which does a real good job of estimating different times for diff distances. All you need is an actual time for an actual distance - http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

I put in various actual times for various distances I have done and its pretty spot on for the others so works well...

Soldato

I'm the same. I have never recently ran the 1.5 mile distance and so have paced myself slower as I want to complete around 5 miles. My 1 mile time was 6:52 though and my 1.5 mile time was 10:30 so I would hope for sub 10 mins if I went just for 1.5 miles.

Soldato
7.52 min was my best, mind you that was on flat airfield in basrah, iraq. anything under 9.30 i think is a good time, but as mentioned already, completely depends on area, weather etc.

Back
Top Bottom