William Hill Telephone Interview

Associate
Hey guys,

I have been invited for a telephone interview for a customer service position at William Hill. I've never actually had a telephone interview before, or even a 1on1 interview (face to face). Was wondering if anyone else has had this and could give me some tips on what they might ask?

I did a bit of a google but not much recent stuff came up.

Cheers

Man of Honour
I don't know for William Hill specifically but fairly general questions that it's good to have answers to would be things like examples of when you've worked in a team/when you've dealt with a difficult situation/when you've demonstrated an example of planning/what is your most notable achievement etc. Even if you don't need them this time round it's not a bad idea to have them as they're applicable in lots of interviews, the questions may not take exactly that form though so that's where you adapt from a basic idea.

You might also expect to be asked why you want to join the company, what you think you can bring to the role and possibly what you expect out of it (although perhaps honest just saying "paid" isn't likely to go down so well). It's also possible they'll ask you a few questions to establish your understanding of their operations and betting in general although I'd expect training/procedures to be in place rather than relying on a pre-existing knowledge.

Oh and listen carefully to the whole question, don't be afraid to ask for clarification or a moment to think about the answer if necessary. You don't want to do that too often if you can help it but it's still better than giving an incomplete answer. Also think about what your examples are saying about you so while an example may illustrate a point it could also suggest you went about it in the wrong way.

Soldato
I had one for william hill back when I was job hunting. They just asked the usual questions like what do you know about william hill, can you give an example of a time when you've dealt with an irate customer, can you give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service etc.

Associate
I hope its not in the sheffield call centre. 2-3 years ago it was a decent chilled out place to work. Since then its been taken over by multiple outsource companies (vertex around the time I left) who who turned it into a horrible place to be. not a smile to be found in that building anymore. old broken equipment, error ridden, incomplete software, unreasonable call times (shouldnt be one when dealing with betting punters really) and pushing other companies contracts on you between william hill calls. A jobs a job at the end of the day I guess though.

Last edited:
Associate
I had one for william hill back when I was job hunting. They just asked the usual questions like what do you know about william hill, can you give an example of a time when you've dealt with an irate customer, can you give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service etc.

They'll also ask what you know about the company (most of the data you should be able to get from their website).

Back
Top Bottom