The Caped Crusader: Nolan's Third Batman?

Caporegime
Depp, would be awesome any part he played imo.

Cher is major fail though, lets all hope its a rumor. Who ever it is NEEDS to be hot.

Soldato
Johnny Depp has already sold the next film to be. Whoever the main villain is in the next film, their performance WILL be marked against Ledger's Joker. So to have someone like Johnny Depp playing the lead, this will be perfect.

I have faith that Cher will fit perfectly into Nolan's vision, if he has indeed decided on her as his first choice. I suspect/hope this part is false though.

Soldato
Last I heard before all this Cher business, Angelina Jolie was going to be catwoman, so I don't know who to believe at all really.

I really like Mr Freeze's character, I know Arnie was quite cheesy with it in Batman and Robin, but I just feel there is something interesting about him. The Riddler to me comes across in the same way as The Joker, which is why I'm kinda put off the idea of seeing him in the third film - because he will just be compared to Ledger.

Soldato
Yeah, neither are physical bad guys, more mental or social villains. I'd love to see Freeze or Bane to see how they're pulled off in Nolan's universe.

Soldato
I think that Cher is a little old to play the catwoman unless they do something with the storyline to suit her age more, or they CGI her :p

JD could do a good job as the riddler as we know he is capable of such a role.

The Caped Crusader maybe the new film title and it could work in showing that Batman is not a "viglante or dark knight" and starts to become accepted by Gotham as a hero.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldnt mind seeing Depp in a role of pure evil, I have only really seen him in fantasy fun. My fave role of his is still Edward Scissorhands. But my mind is coming up with him as an evil mastermind now and I like what I see.

Associate
tbh i think he would be better suited to jarvis tetch, a really creepy willy wonka would suit it well but unfortunately i doubt you could really make a good villan out of him, i also agree with the need for a more physical villan bane would be a good choice because he isnt just a giant muscle bound retard he is very smart too so it might be interesting to see what happens. As for Cher, i dont think its true and i also think its too soon to start filming a new movie, i feel there needs to be a break to absorb the dark knight and hype up the 3rd movie

Soldato
I'll believe it when they're in front of the cameras shooting the film but until then a tiny pinch of salt will accompany any of these claims.

As for Cher playing Catwoman, she's probably a bit too old to play a character as lithe as Catwoman but I have every faith in Nolan's ability to make a good film.

As for Johnny Depp as the Riddler, I think he's the perfect choice.

If they were to use "The Caped Crusader" as the title it would certainly fit in with Batman's redemption in the eyes of the people of Gotham which is where I would expect Nolan to take the film.

Soldato
I'll believe it when they're in front of the cameras shooting the film but until then a tiny pinch of salt will accompany any of these claims.

As for Cher playing Catwoman, she's probably a bit too old to play a character as lithe as Catwoman but I have every faith in Nolan's ability to make a good film.

As for Johnny Depp as the Riddler, I think he's the perfect choice.

If they were to use "The Caped Crusader" as the title it would certainly fit in with Batman's redemption in the eyes of the people of Gotham which is where I would expect Nolan to take the film.

100% Agree!

Caporegime
Give the man some credit, he's a better actor than that. He can do kiddie acting e.g. Willy Wonka, Pirates trilogy but can do serious adult acting when needed as well. E.g. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Donnie Brasco

Depp is one of my favourite actors, a phenomenal actor, however his portrayal of Willy Wonka was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom