Advice on Sky, Sky Go...

Caporegime
Sky removed the registration of any device that uses Silverlight but also granted an extra monthly change per device removed in February as the update to Silverlight 5 would have resulted in a new registration anyway. That's why Xboxes, idevices and android phones weren't removed.

it's not 28/30 days from the date of registration, it grants one device change on the first of every month.

A device won't become de-registered at all unless Sky make a change. if you want to change a device and you already have two devices registered then you must remove one on www.skygo.com (click on settings then manage devices) first before you can register another device. Remember though, it's one addition per month so the change you make you're stuck with until 01/08.

Silverlight 4 used a cookie system which meant that use of CCleaner, Advanced systemcare, Winshampoo and other 'useful' software (which, IMO cause more problems than they solve) would remove the Sky Go and Silverlight registration meaning the device would show as unregistered. The upgrade to Silverlight 5 stores the registration in a different way so CCleaner etc have no effect anymore.

Also, as it's only one change per month is DOESN'T MATTER if you remove both devices (Completely ignoring the warning that TELLS YOU that if you want to remove a device and you have already made your one change you WON'T be able to add on another device AND asks you to confirm this) because as soon as you have two devices registered at the same time the one change per month then starts. Also the changes don't stack either. if you don't make any changes for 2 months you still cannot add more than one device per month. I had to wait until Sunday to re-register my windows 7 PC as I reinstalled windows onto my SSD. Even I was told I would need to wait AND I WORK FOR THEM!

Any other assumptions you want me to correct?

Last edited:
Soldato
U can add device if you do the following:

1) go to c: / users - programdata (you need to tick hidden files show under folder option) microsoft / playready and deleted under this folder mspr.hds

2) uninstalled silverlight & then change windows times / dates to 1 month ahead and reboot pc and go to bios setting and change the times / dates to 1 month ahead (must match windows times and dates or otherwise it won't work)

3) installling silverlight and go to sky go and it now registered device to your computer and then reboot pc

4) go back to bios and change to your current times and dates and boot to windows and change windows times and dates. And sky go still continue working.

Or the other way, before you re-formatted your HDD, copy and back up mspr.hds under playready and put it back when installed windows.

Man of Honour
It's happened to me once before on the pc but no big deal really as I just used a tablet until the pc could be registered again. What a big fuss over nothing.

Associate
I had to format both my hard drives once because none of them would boot up,both of them I used for skyGo,all I need was phone up explaining to them what happened and they cancelled both devices being used so I could use them again within minuets.
Maybe its idiots wanting to change them week in week out for there needs and others who dont own sky and they have caught on and are being strict.

Associate
OP
I had to format both my hard drives once because none of them would boot up,both of them I used for skyGo,all I need was phone up explaining to them what happened and they cancelled both devices being used so I could use them again within minuets.
Maybe its idiots wanting to change them week in week out for there needs and others who dont own sky and they have caught on and are being strict.
That's the first and last time I rung them, cancelling sky when my contract runs out, had nothing but problems with Sky Go.

Soldato
What happen to skygo if you updated iPad software or reset it ? Sky need to sort this out because surely they can register to iPad serial number only so any reset will register it automatically. Sky had million of pounds to do this. But they don't care these day now. The full screen of sky sports live on iPad 3 is rather poor indeed out of screen spec.

Back
Top Bottom