Can I re-license and Tax my bike online?

Associate
I had to SORN my bike a while back (about 10 months ago) and I want to re-license it for the road and tax it online (as it's 6:43 now and I'll be at work all week meaning I can't get to a post office). I'm having trouble navigating the DVLA page though, I can find the tax page but not the re-licensing one.

Is it possible to do both online or do I have to re-license it at the post office? If so, can I get a friend or family member so I don't miss out on any work time?

Soldato
I dont understand the question.

You want to tax your bike on line, yes you can.

Whats the other thing you want to do?

Associate
OP
I dont understand the question.

You want to tax your bike on line, yes you can.

Whats the other thing you want to do?

When you SORN your bike that's it off the road until you re-license it for the road, Un-SORN it so to speak. I thought that when you taxed it then that essentially ended the SORN state of the vehicle but apparently not. You seem to be able to do everything online but this, I was just asking if anyone knew the whereabouts of this online form (if it exists).

Soldato
When you SORN your bike that's it off the road until you re-license it for the road, Un-SORN it so to speak. I thought that when you taxed it then that essentially ended the SORN state of the vehicle but apparently not. You seem to be able to do everything online but this, I was just asking if anyone knew the whereabouts of this online form (if it exists).

No dude, something is either SORN on its taxed, there is no in between :)

Associate
You just re-tax. Taxing ends SORN, simple as that. Even if you go to a post office there's no "Un-SORN" form, you just hand over the re-licencing form to re-tax.

Just use the "Tax online" option and enter the licence plate and V5C document reference (since the reminder reference number will have expired).

Back
Top Bottom