What to do with £10,000 pounds

Permabanned
Tommy B said:
Bank it until you find something you want.

What's the point in squandering it on something stupid. Think about it, it's a lot of money to have as luxury. You can buy all the rounds down the pub, you can buy the most expensive thing on the menu etc etc (for like the next 10 years I mean)
Someone with no mortgage and who earns £45K in the cheapest part of the country can probably already do those things :p

Associate
OP
dirtydog said:
His profile says 38 year old taxi driver :)
should have updated my profile was born in 1966 btw
left school at 16 yrs of age
joined the Army served for 16 years
been self employed since driving a taxi and wouldn't change my job for nothing

thats the one :D :D :D

and its a public hire
London style Black Cab

Associate
Tbh you have kids, by the sound of things you dont really need to dip into this cash yourself. put it in a savings account for them.

my idea is that when i have kids as soon as they're old enough im gonna charge them rent and put it all into savings for them then hand it back when they need to buy a place, getting on the housing ladder is a stressful thing and hopefully it might make it easier on them when it happens

Man of Honour
House redceration,
tv ect for the house.
If you have any kids a trust fund so they'll have a decent amount when there 21 to buy a house with.

If no ideas what so ever stick it in a managed/investment fund for some other day when you might need it.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
Spend it. I am sure your Uncle would rather you enjoyed his money than kept it hidden away when it sounds like you are already very financially secure.

Blow it on a nice car, a once in a lifetime holiday or taking up a new Sport.

Id dont agree, average people dont save £10k up all that quickly and if id spent some time saving that up id at least want whoever got it to not just squander it on a whim

Caporegime
iCraig said:
I feel for you dude, you're in a tough spot.

I bet you're plagued with other troubles too, like your wallet is too small for your fifties, and your diamond shoes are too tight?

</chandler>

lol. I would buy a big plasma for a ps3 or xbox and also buy a top of the range PC.

Soldato
put it away and forget you have it. You seem to be doing well for yourself, so why shoot yourself in the foot, by blowing it all on something you dont need?

My suggestion if i have to give one: The largest TV money can buy ;)

Associate
Save up, save a bit more on the side and then...

By a holiday home for when you retire

But i dont mean some tacky house thing in Spain, i mean a pretty nice holiday home.

Go somewhere like Goa or Thailand and and have it maybe man built specifically, doubt it would cost that much for a place over there, although i may be wrong?

Just a thought, would mean you could relax in a real chilled out place :D

Back
Top Bottom