Arma 3: Altis Life

Soldato
About
Its like the Arma 2 version and if you don't know what this is, its basically a second life but quite a bit more fun and around the Arma system, it has a lot of elements in that I think mods like DayZ are missing, I.E: Something to do when not looting or killing.

This was asked for by a few memebers of CPC and I originally had zero interest in it and I especially didnt think I'd enjoy being a cop but I've had to do it so I can recruit at least semi decent ones with a chance at some honest ones before I can move onto a life of crime.

Personally I like the idea of some corrupt cops as long as its done in a roleplay fashion and not a straight out abuse fashion. Though I'm not a roleplayer but I can see that just generally tazing and beating everyone you meet would get tiresome for the server, so if there is some believable dialogue to it, it makes it interesting.

I spent most of the night over watching the car dealer in Kavala in full soldier kit, just incase there were some idiots on the server and through this I managed to recruit quite a few cops to be whitelisted as the servers need a lot of policing.

I've got some epic footage from tonight that I'll piece together tomorrow (where it'll no doubt not be as funny as I thought it was tonight)

Frankieonpc has just done a video on it (we had our server up a few days before the videos came out, just sayin'!) so I think many Altis Life servers will be quite busy but this brings quite a few eejits so just bare with it, surprisingly 10 minutes in a jail calms people down as they are relatively easy to catch with the tazer.

The mod in its current state.
Did a little testing on the Arma 2 version to see what it was like in comparison and the A3 version of the mod is in very early stages and its obvious it needs a lot of the features the Arma2 versions have but people are adapting it already so hopefully there are some good versions out there.

Notes on servers:
Many have their own additional rules and they can usually all be found when you open the map using the menu on the left and no doubt will have rules on entry to the server and rolling messages.

Admins
Don't get confused between an ADMIN issue and a POLICE issue. Many servers have whitelisted cops with open public police slots to, however most of the time POLICE are NOT admins.

Having your vehicle stolen or being run over in a town is an issue for the police, not for the admins. Though some servers enforce a zero PvP rule inside cities/towns and some enforce it as roleplay only so it may require an admin to temp ban players.

Arma 3: Altis Life Servers:

[CPC] - Childs Play Corner - 188.165.222.198:2322 - www.CPC-Gaming.eu

Recruiting Police: YES - Recruitment Thread

Joop - 195.154.168.144:2902
[/QUOTE]
Recruiting Police: UNKNOWN

Scramz - 109.70.149.166:2350 - http://www.pmc-gaming.com/
[/QUOTE]
Recruiting Police: UNKNOWN

If anyone is interested in having their server in this OP, PM me on here or on the site in my sig.

Last edited:
Soldato
Toe

Can I go a cop please?

I joined the server at 10:10 this morning Toe, in case you need to get my GUID.. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
was watching this streamer "Lirik" playing this (may have been arma2) and it was hilarious!!!! had a plan to go get loads of drugs to sell...gets to the boarder and makes up some random BS story about getting KFC for his starving wife and kids and crossing without passports :p just seems too much fun to troll in :p

Soldato
I'll join tonight ToejaM,

I must admit the thought of being a dirty cop does sound interesting...although as you say in the sense of still doing my job, but perhaps making a little "extra" on the side.

How would i go about becoming one pal?

Soldato
OP
Brilliant, been trying to find a good altis life server, see you tonight :)

Great, we're new to Altis Life but lets hope we can do it correctly! Any issues, let me know.

Toe

Can I go a cop please?

I joined the server at 10:10 this morning Toe, in case you need to get my GUID.. :)

I'm offended you even think you need to ask hah! Holla at me on steam bud!

was watching this streamer "Lirik" playing this (may have been arma2) and it was hilarious!!!! had a plan to go get loads of drugs to sell...gets to the boarder and makes up some random BS story about getting KFC for his starving wife and kids and crossing without passports :p just seems too much fun to troll in :p

I've seen a few good ones already but there is a lot of potential. We did a few things last night, I think I got a few of them. Will sort this video today hopefully!

It can be a lot of fun but nearly all life servers are ruined by terrible admins.

Also preferred when they were all on stratis.

I can see that it would be but I think people fuel the hate to admins in this game by demanding admins sort out police issues, where really police should be chasing cars down/arresting murderers and it probably gets out of hand when the cops arent as good as the player they are trying to catch so they feel like they should just kick/ban or use these tools to stop players when they have what they need in game.

There are no proper ingame admin tools like in DayZ here though and we're a bit thin on admins ingame but if anyone needs kicking if you shout it on our site, all admins have the rcon tool and can easily switch servers to give out bans and kicks. So on a plus side, not many admins currently ingame to worry about being idiots and thats also a downside but there is usually always an admin watching the shoutbox or at least close enough to check it frequently

I'll join tonight ToejaM,

I must admit the thought of being a dirty cop does sound interesting...although as you say in the sense of still doing my job, but perhaps making a little "extra" on the side.

How would i go about becoming one pal?

In the OP I've posted a recruitment thread linky mate but here it is again: clicky - Will try keep everyones server updated with this information so there is a choice of where to go :)

We have a private forum for whitelisted cops, primarily so I can make sure that new people recruited through the server know not to be knobs as theres a couple of small threads saying 'don't do this' ect

I'm not sure if there is a legit way of dealing with corrupt cops but I would say that if anyone is caught corrupt they should get a time out (blacklisted) as a cop before they are re-whitelisted but this is done at database level, otherwise there is no punishment for being a cop and AFAIK they cannot be jailed or fined unless they switch to civ.

A few things aswell about the mod:

The restraint system definitely needs to some work, a restrained player can be put in a car but they can get out / swap seats to driver so its often easier to just run them to the station to arrest them but if you're out and about, I suggest you have another player with you to stop them jumping in the drivers seat.. or a lethal weapon/tazer to get them out.

Vehicles keys do not save if you relog, you have to wait for the server to reboot to place your vehicle back in your garage (automatically done) or if you relog, leave your vehicle unlocked so you can take it to the garage to store and retrieve it.

If anyone else puts up a server, I'll put your recruitment links for police next to your recruitment status - I'll try keep it updated as much as possible, just get in touch which ever way you can and harass me :)

I'll be sorting out the autolog rotation and adding additional restarts, I think 6 hour restarts is too long for this version as there seems to be huge FPS drops after a while however I'm not sure of the state of skiddies/cheaters in Arma 3, we had someone nuke the server last night because he was arrested :rolleyes:

If anyone knows of a better version, holla!

Caporegime

saw that video from frankieonpc the other day and thought it did look awesome.

I bet most admins wouldn't let you do what they did without booting you off the server though.

seeing as akula white listed them as rebels he must have been one of the admins

BTW do we need to install something to play this or is it just a mission downloaded from the server?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

I bet most admins wouldn't let you do what they did without booting you off the server though.

BTW do we need to install something to play this or is it just a mission downloaded from the server?

Yeah I scrubbed through that aswell and tbh, I can see why you would think admins wouldnt allow it but at the end of the day its down to the civilians and the police to deal with any rebels, not an admin issue.. if it looks like things are going to get tasty and you dont want to die, get out of there!

Frankie gets quite a fair bit of admin help on any servers he plays on but he's an entertainer, I'm surprised he doesn't run his own servers or have servers he has run for him - no doubt he could get free servers provided for him when ever he wanted though I imagine there is far too much politics involved with this and in honesty its nice he plays on random/public servers and in a sense, gives back to the community.. even if he does bring some turbomongs with him lol

Its just a mission file for Altis Life, no additional mods needed :)

Associate
Played some of this a few months back. Can be really fun if you get the right people in the right situations. Shame I find Altis and the terrain boring.

Soldato
OP
Its essentially a game of monopoly Martyn, you go around and earn money doing different things which you can use to buy supplies to either create havoc, stop havoc or fund your policing financial needs.

If you do something illegal it flags you as wanted, so if the police arrest you they get cash for doing so.

Its definitely a trolling game but if you dont want to be trolled, dont be in the wrong area or dont break the law!

People arguing with you about being arrested for shouting in public they are going to murder police, right infront of police is the funniest thing as they use "free speech" lets forget conspiracy to murder an officer here shall we? lol

In the Arma 2 mod, you could elect a police cheif every XX minutes (usually an hour iirc?) and they could decree marshall law in certain towns, this would bring bandits/rebels in but also get civilians involved in the action, just by being a civilian there you create work and experiences for people around you.

You get some funny personalities in Altis life, people having a bit of a laugh and even if you join the server to be a serial killer you'll likely lose to the size of the police force or even random civs.

Its very sandbox and will continue to evolve.

I do agree that the map sucks for this but maybe because Takistan life was so popular it just doesnt fit Altis.

I heard there was a property ownership mod for it, I cant find it though, that would be interesting.

Soldato
I've literally just removed this for the next restart as I think it maybe causing FPS issues! Keys should still work but I think it needs CBA running server side does it not? JSRS is not something I've ever really used server side

Nooooooooooo!

Is your server writing errors to a .rpt?

Associate

Basically this. Like Jack said it looks like its a game for people who defiantly have never had sex in there lifes. On paper looks a load of fun. Being chased by some french pig trying to give me a ticket for doing 31mph in town.

Not for me. Unless I can do a Frankie and come back with a rebel army and kill those police. Not going to happen though Im not a famous youtuber. The Admin will get crazy mad and ban you for crossing the road without looking.

Back
Top Bottom