Wasteland Mod - Arma 2

Caporegime
I get "No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles\'" or similar pop-up error message when launching the game or playing on a server
Ignore it. It won't affect your game.

I get 'missing CBA_Main' when joining a server
Ignore it. It won't affect your game.

Phew.... :)

Running the game through steam, doesn't use the beta files does it

Caporegime
I noticed in your vid it stalled/stuttered aswell, i was getting that periodicly!

Btw I died as soon as i spawned, saw a vehicle saluted and he ran me over lol :D

Caporegime
you join a team before you start i made this mistake

blue or red or lone wolfs. lone wolfs seems cool but you get ruined hard :p

so you pick team look for empty spot where it says nobody when you click it your name will go there and then click okay . your now on a team and your team actually helps and gives you guns lifts and so on :cool:

we have a nice big base at moment :D humvees anti aircraft mounted weapons allsorts.

the video of me earlier was me own .

dont know if the lag pauses are down to server was 50 on or light changes or just the actual mod. what is nice is finding any vehicles close buy and no artifacts !!!! :cool:

Soldato
What's the different between being on a team or going lone wolf aside from the obvious. Any benefits for going lone wolf? Is it just shoot everyone on site mode?

Also do you spawn in all kitted out or do you have to go explore and find items. Looks like you and the people on the video had fully automatic weapons. Would prefer a mod/game that uses older weapon systems that require some aiming and work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
you start with a pistol ;) thats it

so the other guys in my video had to find or get the weapons . you can go to a gun shop dealer and buy guns or you complete missions to earn loot .

this actually gives the game purpose when in a team instead of just loot or kill.

so basically on your map a mission will pop up like go retrieve a ammo truck at a certain location . first ones to get there get the truck and contents.

as you can imagine all see this :p so as you go for the target people either lie in wait or already there :D leads to battles and fights along the way .

much more interesting.

Caporegime
wasteland sandbox server has like 50-55 on all day :cool:

missions are random in random spots :cool: so you cant guess where they are or what time this makes it a rush and highly tense thing

is there going to be a ambush ? is a lone sniper watching the spot ? :p

on the wasteland sandbox server we have like 15 vehicles anti air support ammo guns everything . yet sneaky people still will pop in base :D

will be on later when our lot is on .

Soldato
Are these weapons/vehicles solely for your group you play with or the whole team you are on? Could a person playing on the lone wolf team compete in anyway with the other team?

Caporegime
take drive them do what you want . you have a marker above your head if a team member sees you driving about he knows your on his team and will leave you :cool:

you see a person without marker or not on your team KILL HIM ! :p

basically there will be like about twenty of each team

red
blue
independents (lonewolfs )

Last edited:
Associate
Had a blast tonight but not sure I get the point?!

Want something solo to play when there is no one around for ARMA 2 but from what I understand your progress is not persistant so surely you need to devote an extended amount of time to each gaming session otherwise you don't progress?

Or am I missing something?

HR4

HR4

Associate
Best part of that first vid was the front screen pic...:D

Glad someone found a use for one of my pictures. Hadn't seen it for a while, had a double take and checked my imageshack, bingo there she was. I like it, it wasn't took on 'Chernarus' by the way. Its a fuel station with a tanker delivery and an ammo truck waiting for fuel, or should I say they were.
Good mission that was...

I have the bitmap version but its too large for my storage (over 5mb) still this jpeg isn't too bad..:)

arma2oa2011102902353992.jpg

Associate
OP
Internet can be a small world HR4. Hope you don't mind me using the pic?

Had another awesome game on this at the weekend. Defiantly a good stop gap until Dayz goes standalone and locks down all the hackers!!

HR4

HR4

Associate
Internet can be a small world HR4. Hope you don't mind me using the pic?

Had another awesome game on this at the weekend. Defiantly a good stop gap until Dayz goes standalone and locks down all the hackers!!

Your welcome to use it. :)

Dayz will be on the new (well upgraded) a3 engine, so should be pretty good, probably the best zombie game to date. If a community, similar to the arma series one, builds up behind it, then it could be great. Played it when it first arrived on the a2 scene (not really been into zombie type since first Res Evil), saw dayz and thought, wow, open world go anywhere survival could/should be the way the genre is played from now on..;)

Back
Top Bottom