Honda S2000 cluster in an Integra DC2

Soldato
ebayproducts015.jpg

I'd just like to share my latest modification to my Integra SiR-G. An S2000 digi speedo :D Mark Lamond suggested a while back he should be able to convert a S2000 cluster to work in previous generation Hondas, on that basis knowing Mark generally achieves what he sets out to do I bought an S2000 cluster to fit to my Integra and working with Mark we established what wires would link to what wire in my particular application.

200420071122.jpg

Mark then did the real work creating the hardware to modify VSS units and standard fuel and temp sensors to work with the s2000 unit and allow modification (through a RS232 serial connector) to calibrate the readout. When i received the unit back from Mark I was pleased to see he had even changed the redline to start at 8k aswell as the other changes he makes, a nice touch and much better for my B18C.

The unit was fitted intime for the Castle Combe Performance Action day, I was a little apprehensive of how well the update would work on a circuit, also with the swing of a analogue needle you can gauge acceleration rate pretty well. However, i was suprised how well it kept me informed, the rev bar is very clear and the speedo refreshs at a very nice rate, I found i could read speeds much quicker such that i was aware of corner exit speeds without purposely looking down to see.

Big thanks to Mark for the development on this :bow:

I have the dual gauge surround for a this project which i plan to work on to fit around the unit and install my SPA dual oil gauge when i get round too it. So far its pretty readable in all lights but i may extend the surround to shield it from as much light as i can as the dc2 dash lets a fair amount of light onto the cluster face and at some angles i can just see the reflection of the windscreen/sky.

No comments about the Ripseed horn please :eek:

Soldato
OP
merlin said:
Now that is :cool:

And everything works?

Yeah, everything even the dimmer and kph/mph switch, although i need to make a conversion loom to jump back to the std gauge to final checks/calibrations.

Us Brits have beat the Yanks to something in Honda world for once :p Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get on Honda-tech.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I gotta say thats impressive, take some skill to do that and I am sure the guy will end up making quite a bit of money as long as it don't mess with the ODO reading. :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Could you have hidden the old clocks behind the dash and left that connected to the odometer? So when it comes to sell you could just pop the old ones back in?

Back
Top Bottom