** BitFenix PHENOM - The Prodigy Got Classier **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

The BitFenix Prodigy is our favourite case here at OcUK. We literally sell thousands of them, you guys love them, we love them.

The prodigy has had many guises in an array of custom colour combinations but from our feedback, we know that some customers also want the cleverly designed Prodigy Chassis without the stylised handles...

phenommeme.jpg

The Phenom answers this and makes way for a truly stunning addition to the BitFenix Range. The same generous Prodigy featureset and easy to build chassis design but with subtle, sleek curves and smooth edges.

Phenom is packed with small touches that make using and owning a BitFenix chassis an experience. From the slick powder coated interior, to the rolled-edge cable pass-throughs and quick-release dust filters, Phenom embodies the BitFenix experience through and through.

The Phenom case is available in the classic Mini ITX format and the newer Micro ATX format also.

Galleries:

Mini ITX Phenom - Arctic White
phenom_mitx_w_top.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_side_open.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_rear.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_side_closed.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_hardware_1.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_flexcage_2.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_flexcage_3.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_flexcage_1.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_front.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_bottom.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_45_up.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_45_right.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_45_down_2.jpg

phenom_mitx_w_45.jpg

Mini ITX Phenom - Midnight Black
phenom_mitx_k_side_open.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_side.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_rear.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_top.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_hardware_2.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_hardware_1.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_45.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_bottom.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_front.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_45_down.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_45_up.jpg

phenom_mitx_k_45_right.jpg

Micro ATX Phenom - Arctic White
phenom_matx_w_side_open_2.jpg

phenom_matx_w_top.jpg

phenom_matx_w_bottom.jpg

phenom_matx_w_hardware_2.jpg

phenom_matx_w_side_open_1.jpg

phenom_matx_w_side_closed.jpg

phenom_matx_w_hardware_1.jpg

phenom_matx_w_45_up.jpg

phenom_matx_w_front.jpg

phenom_matx_w_45_right.jpg

phenom_matx_w_45_down.jpg

Micro ATX Phenom - Midnight Black
phenom_matx_k_hardware.jpg

phenom_matx_k_side_open_1.jpg

phenom_matx_k_top.jpg

phenom_matx_k_rear.jpg

phenom_matx_w_45.jpg

phenom_matx_k_side.jpg

phenom_matx_k_front.jpg

phenom_matx_k_45_right.jpg

phenom_matx_k_bottom.jpg

phenom_matx_k_45_up.jpg

phenom_matx_k_45.jpg

phenom_matx_k_45_down.jpg

Links To Order

BitFenix Phenom Mini-ITX Cube Case - Midnight Black @ £69.95 inc VAT

CA-149-BX_400.jpg

Only £69.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

BitFenix Phenom Mini-ITX Cube Case - Arctic White @ £69.95 inc VAT

CA-148-BX_400.jpg

Only £69.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

BitFenix Phenom MATX Cube Case - Midnight Black @ £74.95 inc VAT

CA-147-BX_400.jpg

Only £74.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

BitFenix Phenom MATX Cube Case - Arctic White @ £74.95 inc VAT

CA-146-BX_400.jpg

Only £74.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the windows for prodigy will fit the ITX versions

the MATX version will likely not have a window option. if you look at the pictures for it, you will see the storage mounting beam which would negate any point in having a window.

you could remove it in theory but you would lose all storage capability of the case.

phenom_matx_w_side_open_2.jpg

Associate
The prodigy m-atx is still on preorder, so what are the odds OCUK will get these Phenom's in stock anytime soon? Before or after the prodigy m-atx actually comes in stock?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Stupid putting the start/re-set buttons, usb ports etc on the side panel. They should be on top or on the front so you can at least tidy the cables decently.

surprisingly easy to cable manage. i did a board swap in a messy prodigy at iseries a few months back for a customer and did some cable management in his case whilst i was at it to improve his airflow.

was surprisingly easy to hide the cables.

The prodigy m-atx is still on preorder, so what are the odds OCUK will get these Phenom's in stock anytime soon? Before or after the prodigy m-atx actually comes in stock?

the prodigy M is on pre order still, the Phenom should have less lead time as they share the same chassis with their equivalent prodigy models.

we are looking around mid october at the latest for both models of prodigy and phenom

Associate
Looks very nice, i've said it since i first saw the prodigy that if i built another pc i'd get one, this would be a contender instead.

Associate
I don't understand the cooling arrangement for this or the Prodigy M.

A few scenarios.

Scenario 1:

If you use a 240mm enclosed wc loop at the top of the case, it cannot be used as an exhaust (heat rises) due to the graphics card below it. In this case it is now an intake which pulls in cool air which is heated up via the rad and then passes hot air over the GPU, surely this is a terrible design for GPU cooling.

Scenario 2:

This seems like a more viable option, using a 120mm enclosed wc loop on the rear. To gain air intake you must use a fan on the bottom to bring the air into the case, however the PSU will be exhausting HOT air right next to that fan, which in tern will pass hot air into the case and over the rad.

Is there any scenario you can use an enclosed WC loop and it does not have a huge design flaw?

I hope I am wrong as I would love this or the Prodigy M, but this air flow issue is giving me doubts.

Thankyou

Soldato
Do want, you can still fit a 240mm in the front amirite? Only downer is where to put a fan controller now the 5.25" bay is gone, also buttons on the side? Bit awkward to get to.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Do want, you can still fit a 240mm in the front amirite? Only downer is where to put a fan controller now the 5.25" bay is gone, also buttons on the side? Bit awkward to get to.

in the mitx yes

in the matx no, the psu goes in the front

I am disappoint that nobody has commented on my meme :(

OcUK Staff
Hopefully this clears up a bit of confusion for people regarding cooling.

phenom.jpg

Not a whole lot to go on I know but hopefully it'll answer some Q's :)

Back
Top Bottom