Another way to say 'Icing on the cake' ?

Soldato
Having qualified from a University with a first class degree, receiving the prize for the second best loser in the 2008 CIAT Student Awards for l337n3ss was shagadelic. I fapped for three days straight. Following a four year dull course, it justifies all the plagiarism and sucking up that I in no way did, honest. I feel as happy as your mum in KFC that all my clubbing, sleeping in and drug taking has been rewarded and I'll hopefully get more than a ****** piece of paper

Soldato
fini said:
stubie_doo said:
Having qualified from a University with a first class degree, receiving the prize for the second best loser in the 2008 CIAT Student Awards for l337n3ss was shagadelic. I fapped for three days straight. Following a four year dull course, it justifies all the plagiarism and sucking up that I in no way did, honest. I feel as happy as your mum in KFC that all my clubbing, sleeping in and drug taking has been rewarded and I'll hopefully get more than a ****** piece of paper
:D

that's a better speech, imo

Associate
OP
LOL cheers everyone, really tempted to send that the one fini posted, its much more humorous that mine and quite accurate too! Now to find a picture to include, I’m thinking one from the lads trip to Newquay might be appropriate, might have to do a bit of cropping though!

Caporegime
Having qualified from Sheffield Hallam University with a first class degree, receiving third prize in the 2008 CIAT Student Awards for Technical Excellence was for me, icing on the cake. Following a four year demanding course, it justifies all the hard work that not only me but also my lectures have undertaken. I feel privileged that my endeavours have been rewarded and will be honoured receive my award in London.

It's graduated not qualified.

Soldato
Having graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a first class degree, receiving third prize in the 2008 CIAT Student Awards for Technical Excellence was, for me, the icing on the cake. Following a demanding four year course, this award justifies all the hard work that not only I, but also my lecturers have undertaken. I feel privileged that my efforts have been rewarded and I will be honoured to receive my award in London.

Fixed :)

Included everything other people have suggested plus some of my own.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It’s amazing what people spot, just showed this to my mate and he spotted something wrong that no-one else has noticed yet which is highlighted in bold.

RIGHT all comments acknowledged and amendments made, here is the final statement lol...

Having graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a first class degree, receiving third prize in the 2008 CIAT Student Awards for Technical Excellence was, for me, the crowning achievement of my studies. Following a demanding four year course, this award justifies all the hard work that not only I, but my lecturers have undertaken. I feel privileged that my efforts have been recognised and will be honoured to receive my award in London.

Soldato
"Justifies" is the only thing left that just isn't sitting right with me.

I thought this too, but I can't think of what to replace it with.

How about "... and I am happy to recieve this prize in recognition of all the hard work that not only I, but my lecturers have undertaken."

or

"...and I am happy to know that all the hard work that not only I, but my lecturers have undertaken has been recognised"?

Last edited:
Soldato
"The crowning achievment" is a top phrase. Congratulations to the owner of that miracle of phrasiology.

:)

"Justifies" is the only thing left that just isn't sitting right with me.

Agreed. It has negative connotations about the work you put in to get the award. It might eb better to say that the award 'epitomizes' all the hard work you put in.

Back
Top Bottom