Alton towers - Best to get fast track tickets?

Associate
My college has arranged a trip to Alton Towers on the 25th of June.

Do you think its a good idea to get fast track tickets? I've never been before so I dont know what its like.

The schools havnt broke up yet so hopefully theres not to many kids around, but it is summer so it might be busy.

Anyone here been before? Any tips to spend the day there?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I went last Wednesday, so no kids. It was full of student slackers like me and plenty of chavs! We got in about 10am I believe and went to Nemesis. There were no queues whatsoever. Towards mid day it got very busy. They closed a number of rides to anyone else queuing as the queues were so huge. Go on the big rides first thing. We did Oblivion several times too, somehow the queue system was screwed. We started in the single rider queue but instead this just somehow turned into the other queue for the rear car so we got straight on when there was supposed to be an hour queue!

All in all a good day - but even if it's dull take some sunglasses. Weather changes easily!

Soldato
Its best to go at the time of year when it just opens I have found. I went this year when it opend and got on around 20 rides (Oblivion like 6 times :D). And I didn't que for no longer than 5minutes a ride. However when I go mid season I tend to get on around 6 rides max. And I've been well over 10 times :O. I found getting there early and going to the ticket offic near where the gates are in the theme park is your best chance of getting them. That, or buying the fast track tickets online.

Caporegime
If it's school holidays, get a fast pass. Any other time you should be fine.

If I go to Alton Towers, I tend to go early march - never any queues.

Associate
OP
The trip has been booked through college, me and the lads where just wondering if we should get some fast track tickets, it looks like we might get some :)

Dont want to take any chances!

Associate
It depends whether you want to always go on the rides with your mates, if you're not that bothered then the single rider queue for the big rides is only a half hour wait at max on the busiest days (in my experience). Otherwise come on opening time on calm day and leg it to the big rides:D

Or fast track, your choice

Soldato
I've always found fast pass tickets in UK theme parks... well slow

In America when i went 8 years ago it was a 5 min wait max with a fast pass

Back
Top Bottom