*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
with this much complaining about the FFB you'd have thought they'd do something about it
oh wait.... :rolleyes:

like i said, this build is what? 24hours old? ffs give them time to implement your ffb?

PLus diddnt you read that they will update it sometime this week?

You think its easy to fix things in an instance? Guess you never worked in the IT world son.

anyways check this out:

So, as my first post on licensing, I'm happy to have some exciting news for you all to kick things off. We have just signed an agreement with Motorsport Vision (some of you in the UK should recognise the name), which signifies our first licensed tracks for C.A.R.S. That means we have now licensed Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton. As some of the best tracks in the UK, this represents a very exciting first step for us. The plan for these tracks is that we will get them laser scanned so that we have absolute accuracy - this will capture every detail of the track down to the very last mm, so you can be assured that driving the tracks will be exactly like it is in real life. :cool:

More licensing news to come soon, so stay tuned!

Soldato
like i said, this build is what? 24hours old? ffs give them time to implement your ffb?

PLus diddnt you read that they will update it sometime this week?

You think its easy to fix things in an instance? Guess you never worked in the IT world son.

anyways check this out:

your sarcasm detector isnt working. i had read that they were updating the FFB this week, so was sarcastically saying that they really ought to do something about the FFB everyone has been complaining about.

also, i havent worked in IT, but i know well enough that theres a whole heap of things a new build has to go through before it can be released to the public because its part of my degree in AI and cybernetics to know about these things in much detail

Associate

1080p
I am using xbox controller lol, after crash i do better lap :) this is after about 20mins of playing.

Btw can someone please tell me what the hell happend at 3:50, its strange the way i turned kind of like a drift but not.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Four Motorsport Vision Tracks Coming to C.A.R.S.

Slightly Mad Studios have signed a licensing agreement with Motorsport Visions that will allow four of the company’s UK-based tracks to be added to C.A.R.S.

Brands Hatch

Oulton Park

Snetterton

Cadwell Park

Read more @ Wmdportal

Associate
OP

i mean graphics really impressive as far as the car models is concerned

look at those details
meter gauges

Edit: I am i doing something wrong?, i can't see the videos i posted

Last edited:
Soldato
your sarcasm detector isnt working. i had read that they were updating the FFB this week, so was sarcastically saying that they really ought to do something about the FFB everyone has been complaining about.

also, i havent worked in IT, but i know well enough that theres a whole heap of things a new build has to go through before it can be released to the public because its part of my degree in AI and cybernetics to know about these things in much detail

LOL just because your lecturer tell u this and that doesnt mean it all applies to the real world! Uni only teaches u the basics. step into the real world and most of the stuff u was taughtin uni dont count in the real world mate hehe

All im saying is this. It takes times to implement new features and improvements like ffb. This game started development 5-6 months with 18months left for dev. give these guys a chance. judge them when theirs a couple of months left. not now ffs

Soldato
Anyone pressed F1 yet to get in the debug tools? You can mess with all the FFB you want :) It won't help the input lag issues I don't think? But you can change every setting under the sun if you can understand any of it!

Man of Honour
LOL just because your lecturer tell u this and that doesnt mean it all applies to the real world! Uni only teaches u the basics. step into the real world and most of the stuff u was taughtin uni dont count in the real world mate hehe

All im saying is this. It takes times to implement new features and improvements like ffb. This game started development 5-6 months with 18months left for dev. give these guys a chance. judge them when theirs a couple of months left. not now ffs

But they've had longer than that. This team developed two games with the same game engine before they started working in this. How many times do I need to make that point before you take it on board as a valid criticism?

And if you want to be taken seriously then I suggest you save the the text talk for exactly that.

Soldato
But your not judging it, your comparing and slating it already and disming the product entirely when this is just barely 24hours old ffs AND 18 months to fix your beloved ffb

There's really not that much dismissing go on in this thread, and certainly not from me.

My post was simply to compare the current state to where it needs to be, which I believe is a perfectly valid thing to do. I didn't dismiss the game based on it's current state (I even mentioned the big ffb update coming).

Soldato
for everyone and not really paid DLC but paid MODS.

mod teams can make mods for this game and sell it. thats the purpose of the manager Team player thingy u can choose for 1000 euros which gives u acces to games script, all the builds and can attend meetings with SMS. perfect for a Mod team

This worries me as mods will not be able to be based on real life series because they won't have licenses to release them. The only reason we have mods for rFactor based on say F1 is because they are released for free.

Soldato
But they've had longer than that. This team developed two games with the same game engine before they started working in this. How many times do I need to make that point before you take it on board as a valid criticism?

And if you want to be taken seriously then I suggest you save the the text talk for exactly that.

This is a brand new game based on the same engine. This engine is still the same one that was used in passed GTR and Rfactor games. Just slightly modified and tweaked.

They started making this game a few months ago and you are already expecting them to have a near finished article with top notch ffb, physics and laser scanned tracks :rolleyes:

The engine may have been made but they still had to start from somewhere. You do not know how difficult and challenging it is to develop a piece of software, even on top of existing engines. I do. I do it as a living and you lik others should not really be slagging off SMS for the apparently **** poor ffb which you can in your own using the debug tools tweak yourself. Plus the fact they are going to update it soon makes you look silly.

If they fix your beloved ffb, what will you moan about next? First it was ffb, then its laser scanning tracks, and now what? Instead of slagging them off, make a proper constructive post like a mature man/woman over in there forums. tell them that ffb needs tweaking here and there and throw in ideas like if they can implement laser scanning tracks instead of going on saying OMG, the FFB IS CRAP, THERE IS NO LASER SCANNING TRACKS AHHHHH.:rolleyes:

i

Soldato
There's really not that much dismissing go on in this thread, and certainly not from me.

My post was simply to compare the current state to where it needs to be, which I believe is a perfectly valid thing to do. I didn't dismiss the game based on it's current state (I even mentioned the big ffb update coming).

Yea thats fine. i may have got your post confused with another troll here. Seriously OCUK needs to sort out avaters. can barely distinguish my own post here. Cant we use our own custom avaters!

Soldato
What the hell is "FFB" ??

Force FeedBack, eg what you feel through the wheel, due to the lack of g-forces etc it really is very important in a sim...

EDIT: Should also mention the MSV deal, I know people dislike comparisons but once they come out with Brands and Oulton it'll be interesting to compare the C.A.R.S version to iRacing, iRacing has Brands now (and, having raced motorbikes around there several times, it's stunningly good) and Oulton should be out in a couple of weeks hopefully, and iRacing is basically the benchmark in tracks imo

Obviously it's a long way down the road but something to look forward to :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Do yo actually read what I write?

I made a valid criticism of one aspect of the game, that does not make a troll.

You call it "precious FFB" with a tone that makes it sound like an unimportant feature.

I call it one if the most important aspects of a driving game, along with the physics and handling model. If you get those basics right then you have a base platform to build a great driving game from.

If you are developing a shooting game you don't start by making hi resolution models of the guns, you get the shooting mechanics if the game right first.

And if the engine they are using is based on the same engine they developed GTR from, then they really have no excuse because they got the FFB and handing in that right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom