Feltham - Hounslow

Associate
Hi Guys,

Working are relocating in this area from the North, wondering what the area is like? I'm a bit sceptical about relocation as its considerably cheaper up here in Yorkshire.

Any thoughts or towns nearby to relocate to?

Soldato
I lived in Feltham for a few months back in 2003, I broke my contract and sacrificed my housing deposit to get out of the area. One of the most horrid places i've ever had the misfortune to live.

I moved to nearby Uxbridge and instantly felt a whole lot better, not sure how it is now though.

Associate
As a born and bred Londoner who would give my left leg to not have to move North, I would happily live out my days in Yorkshire (*shudders*) rather than live in Feltham. Its the rear end of London and its only distinguishing feature is its young offenders institute.

Isleworth, Twickenham, Teddington, Ashford, Shepperton and Walton are all nicer areas near by.

London is expensive, get over it.

Soldato
Feltham and Hounslow are total dumps and both are in very close proximity of Heathrow so it can get noisy. Don't move there. A lot of people get duped into thinking its an affordable part of greater London, but it really is a ****hole.

Look at Windsor, Walton On Thames, Weybridge, Kingston etc. They are all close by and a hell of a lot nicer.

FYI it also as a very big Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi community too.

Soldato
I live in Hounslow. DO NOT COME HERE. Its noisy because of Heathrow airport - you will lose sleep and it will affect your health. Hounslow is just a dump, There's nothing to do in Hounslow at all. Its boring and its full of old people.

Here is a a video some guy in Hounslow made. Seriously funny, watch it :D

Soldato
If you can avoid Hounslow and Feltham then I would. As mentioned try living in some places such as Sunbury, Walton, Weybridge, Shepperton etc.

It will add to your commute time if you are working in Hounslow/Feltham but it will be worth it IMO.

Associate
Isleworth, Twickenham, Teddington, Ashford, Shepperton and Walton are all nicer areas near by.

London is expensive, get over it.

I live in Ashford and it's very very slowly starting to turn into Feltham. If I were you I would try Shepperton. Went school there. Lovely area and only a 5/10 minute drive to Feltham if that's where your work is

Soldato
Went school there. Lovely area and only a 5/10 minute drive to Feltham if that's where your work is

Me too! Avoid Feltham ans Hounslow wherever possible, but plenty of decent areas to be found.l Isleworth Old Town by the river is decent, but I'd probably head toward Hampton, Teddington, Twickenham to answer the OP.

Soldato
I did my sandwich year from uni in Twickenham and I lived in hounslow (all i could afford becasue of really low "intern pay") for the first 6 months. I got burgled, My car had a brick thrown through the window while i was driving it, the flat next door had a hooker living in it and the one below some bloke died of a heroin overdose.

What me to tell you what i think of the place? it would be me permabanned in seconds.

After that i moved into isleworth which was bad as well but not that bad, and for the last 3 months i lived in Richmond looking after a mates flat while he was working abroad.

I have always said i will only live inside the M25 again if I can afford to live in the best areas.

Associate
My sister lives in Feltham and yeah over the 4 years she lived there they stole a SAAB 95 from her, stole neighbors across the street BMW X5, jumped over the left neighbors fence (extension in progress) and stole a whole load of equipment, jumped over the right neighbors fence while they were on holiday to steal a PS3 and a few weeks after they tried to steal our Honda bike. Good place innit? lol

Soldato
This thread has cracked me up at all the negative replies. I was expecting my response to be critiqued by someone trying to promote Hounslow/Feltham but it seems the consensus is to stay away!

Soldato
I see all that needed to be said about the area has already been said!
For all the stick that Staines gets it's actually a pretty nice place and probably won't cost too much more than Feltham or Hounslow.
If you're going to be based in the west then it's worth considering.
I lived in Twickenham for 8 years until recently and can highly recommend there as well, but it will cost a bit more.

Man of Honour
Hounslow, Feltham and Ashford are to be avoided. I would look in the direction of Twickenham, Walton, and Kingston. Isleworth close to the river is ok.

Soldato
Hounslow, Feltham and Ashford are to be avoided. I would look in the direction of Twickenham, Walton, and Kingston. Isleworth close to the river is ok.

This. Some lovely areas close by but as said above. Avoid the place to live liek the plague. There are few worse places to live within commiting distance of it.

Back
Top Bottom