Can you reheat chinese?

Soldato
Hey all,

Just ordered a takeaway and I couldnt eat half of it :o if I put it in the fridge or someething will it be ok to reheat? and if so how?

It was:
Chicken Balls
Chicken Chow Mein
Special Fried Rice
Beef and Mushrooms

Thanks

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Nuke it, it'll be fine. I find noodles taste better after reheating for some reason, something to do with the flavour marinated overnight or something.

Yeah,chinese and curries always taste much better the next day if left overnight.

Permabanned
If it's delivered in those see-through plastic containers they're ideal for nuking it in later. Just remember to loosen the lids first though.

Soldato
I always have left over chinese cold. I just stick it in the fridge and eat it in the morning. Actually last night I didn't even put it in the fridge. It was fine.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Nuke it, it'll be fine. I find noodles taste better after reheating for some reason, something to do with the flavour marinated overnight or something.
Same here, prefer the texture aswell if I nuke them in the microwave :p

Soldato
blighter said:
It was:
Chicken Balls
Chicken Chow Mein
Special Fried Rice
Beef and Mushrooms

Thanks

full size portions of each? and to yourself? did it not occur to you to order a bit less?

fair play to you if you can normally polish that lot off.

Soldato
Psyk said:
I always have left over chinese cold. I just stick it in the fridge and eat it in the morning. Actually last night I didn't even put it in the fridge. It was fine.

Food poisoning normally occurs 24 hours after consuming.

Soldato
lob it in the microwave if you can't face it cold, personally I think its a wonderful breakfast cold chinese. I practically lived on it at uni, i lived in my car some nights and just left it out, was totally fine. (and I escaped having to have a student loan!)

"can I reheat chinese food" you having a laugh? food is food, you can always reheat it.

Caporegime
Unless by nuke you mean microwave ;)

Also you shouldn't put it in the fridge it should be concealed some where in the house and discovered after a small hunting trip the next day. To be eaten with the utensil that is already in there or if there is no utensil fingers.

Soldato
SherberT* said:
Well I've done it plenty of times before and I've been fine so far.

At least I'd get time off work if I got food poisoning. I'm sure it's obvious at this point that I've never had food poisoning :p

Soldato
Funnily enough it's rice you should be most concerned about Bacillus cereus spores survive the cooking process and if the rice is left to cool slowly at room temperature they germinate into the bacteria which produce a toxin that survives reheating. The toxin causes diarrhoea and vomiting. Only keep rice if you're certain the chinese haven't already reheated it and when you have finished it cool it as quickly as possible uncovered in a fridge, when it is cooled cover it.

In the lab we see 6-7 cases of food poisoning a week for the West Midlands that have a tangible connection to reheated rice (either reheated by a food establishment or at home)

SherberT* said:
Can also take upto 48 hours, particularly in some cases of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli and also some viral food poisonings.

Last edited:

Adz

Adz

Soldato
TheMightyTen said:
Funnily enough it's rice you should be most concerned about Bacillus cereus spores survive the cooking process and if the rice is left to cool slowly at room temperature they germinate into the bacteria which produce a toxin that survives reheating. The toxin causes diarrhoea and vomiting. Only keep rice if you're certain the chinese haven't already reheated it and when you have finished it cool it as quickly as possible uncovered in a fridge, when it is cooled cover it.

In the lab we see 6-7 cases of food poisoning a week for the West Midlands that have a tangible connection to reheated rice (either reheated by a food establishment or at home)

Can also take upto 48 hours, particularly in some cases of Campylobacter jejuni and Camoylobacter coli and also some viral food poisonings.

That's something I can honestly say I didn't know. I'll be more careful with rice in future :).

I reheat leftovers all the time. Today for my lunch I had the remainders of a fantastic cottage pie I made last night. Certainly beats beans on toast or a cheese sarnie :p.

Back
Top Bottom