How high can a garden fence be? I need some advice before talking to neighours.

Man of Honour
Lean over fence

"Alright mucker, how do? Nice fence!"

"Yeah it's great isn't it, needed doing for ages"

"Yeah, vast improvement. Are you going to finish it off with boards at the bottom of the garden then? At the moment it looks like it's floating in mid air :D"

The conversation would then need to adapt to whatever his answer is - it could be "Bugger me, we forgot about that/No I thought it looked okay but if you want to put in a gravel board you're welcome to/We couldn't get the right wood but yeah it will be finished off with a board/No we are building a brick BBQ+patio so that will bring it up level anyway"

Don't people talk to each other any more?

Man of Honour
For some reason this reminds me of an ex drummer of mine who is now dead.

In the picture he owned all the property and all the land within the yellow.
He went away for a week and when he got back his neighbour (south of him) had erected a fence all the length in between the red marks but it was 6 foot on my mates land.
He made his neighbour take all of it down and re-erect it.
Another time they argued over the road between the blue marks and his neighbour broke his jaw.
They were both bound over to keep the peace.

paulflemingland.jpg

Associate
Not sure on the original question but ref. the support beams, as long as they are on the neighbours land there is nothing you can do and to be honest I would prefer to see the pretty side of the fence if I put it up :)

Soldato
I wouldn't be happy about having support beams on my side and would probably put up my own fence with the support beams on his side. However I would not then want his support beams encroaching my space. so I would have a fence on my land and one on his, find out where the exact boundary is for starters.

Back
Top Bottom