Which is worse: Roll-ups or fags?

Soldato
I smoke around 10 cigs a day, sometimes more sometimes less, no different than most. My housemate smokes 30-40 rollups a day, now I reckon a properly made rollup, with a filter is well worse for you than a cig.

Say golden virginia against lambert and butler, what do you think?

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned there are a lot more chemicals in the regular cigarettes, used to keep them lit amongst other reasons. It also depends how much baccy are in the roll ups.

If you're only smoking 10 a day just quit, then there's no contest.

Caporegime
Probably the reverse, I'd hazzard a guess a proper ciggy (such as a Lambert) would do more harm.

The winning move is not to smoke at all, obviously.

I prefer a roll up, but, I hate the "Orange fingers" that goes with them. :(

Associate
Fags are worse due to the added Chemicals in them.

I could get about twice as many rollies from the tobacco used in cigarettes (weight wise)

If you smoked 10 rollies a day rather than 10 fags you would be onto a winner (in the grand scale of it all)

Rollies > Fags

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I'm a rolly-smoker (Amber leaf, comes with papers too). Have about 20 a day, usually costs me about a fiver a week on baccie.

Didn't realise that a proper ciggie would have all those chemicals in, although I do agree, best to not smoke at all (easier said than done though innit)

Soldato
90% of people I know who smoke straights are women? I think they believe it makes them look 'sexier' than smoking a rolly.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I agree that Rollies are less bad for you (in equal quantities), they also taste much better.

I've been smoking rollies for about 15 years now and don't really care for ready mades. I get all mine duty free through travelling to Egypt to work (month on month off), so it costs me very little (about £25 a month including papers and filters) :D

Stan :)

Associate
anksta said:
I smoke around 10 cigs a day, sometimes more sometimes less, no different than most. My housemate smokes 30-40 rollups a day, now I reckon a properly made rollup, with a filter is well worse for you than a cig.

Say golden virginia against lambert and butler, what do you think?

Then you sir, are an idiot. "Real" cigarettes contain a disgusting amount of chemicals added for reasons unkown. Mostly a ludicrous amount of tar, mixed with the intricate chemistry involved in a burning cigarette you're inhaling 19 different carcinegens, radon, carbon doixide/monoxide and alkinds of nasty particulates.

Tobacco sold in packets is a great deal cleaner than "straights". Still your friend is making up the difference by smoking a lot more. No doubt due to the lower nicotine levels.

As a non-smoker (proffessional passive smoker) You can taste the difference, straights are gross, not like the pleasant tabacco flavour of a rolly. Pipe tabacco is just gorgeous IMO, love that smell.

Soldato
rollys with filters = win

although im quitting so i best not think about it too much :p and this time im going to succeed, both me and my gf quitting at the same time which is making it a lot easier than quitting alone (makes me not want to disapoint her)

Back
Top Bottom