One of my photos used by national newspaper without permission.

Associate
As the title, just writing an e-mail to the editor now, any ideas on what to write? Never had this happen before, and I thought you guys might be able to assist :)

Caporegime
Even 250 would seem excessive in these days of microstock, most filler photos can be had for under 1$!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Send them a Very polite invoice requesting your 285 pound fee & inform them that you will happily supply more pics on request & Thank them for there business. ;) + :cool: + :D

Caporegime
Here is a tip, always start the first letter politely, if you end up suing them, this letter will be shown at Court and you don't want to come across aggressive from the get go. You want to be seen as the victim and be hard done by so the Court will compensate you, so you want to start out polite but state what you want at the same time.

I'd send them something like this, send it by post, stuff email. Mark it urgent, or it could end up in the pile of post in the mail room for weeks.

-----------------------

URGENT

Dear Editor

Re: Photo in Article

I refer to your article on "So that's what little boys are made of" and write to inform you that I am the photographer and copyright owner of the photo titled "Splashing out: He's in for a real shock". I enclose an invoice in the sum of £300 and look forward to receiving a cheque made payable to Mr John Doe in the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully

---------------------------

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Even 250 would seem excessive in these days of microstock, most filler photos can be had for under 1$!

possibly so, i was expecting to see it in print - not on a site. either way tho, copyright theft isn't funny and big papers cannot get away with it.

this is something that happens a lot in urban exploration circles, it is very rare the press are given permission to publish any photos.. they just steal them instead, then get invoiced!

Back
Top Bottom