********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
Had a few stints already (at around 13% atm) and loving it! The enormity of the map hasn't hit me yet (even though the city is seemingly huge and I haven't explored all of it yet) as I haven't ventured out into the wild yet; wanted to get a feel for the missions.

What i'm liking so far is the fact the missions are much more...'GTA', if that makes any sense. I've only done a few missions with Michael in particular but the content of those missions coupled with the dialogue remind me of VC/SA and are are a hell of a lot of fun.

I know GTA IV was meant to be a bit more gritty but I found some of the missions to be a bit boring (Three Leaf Clover is an exception - epic).

Also 'camera' guy you meet is hilarious :D

Soldato
Anyone else find the text still too small on the phone? My tv is 32" and I'm about 7/8ft away so not very big tv for the room but still! Only thing that bugs me a bit.
(should add its 720p possibly... although I doubt that's the main factor)

As for evading police I try to get away as quick as possible and the main thing is to hide off the main roads (doesn't even matter if its a built up area as long as its off the road... unless you have a chopper after you)

Mine's similar, 32" 720p, probably about 2 metres away (is that about 7.5 feet?), and it seems OK. Better than the subtitles in a lot of games.

Soldato
Just ordered a flash drive to put the play disk on, as the noise of the 360 drive is getting annoying

Jsut read an article about not installing the play disc as it may cause fream drops, bad textures and such

"So what's the story here? Well, optimal streaming is achieved by making use of all the available bandwidth in the system. Why stream just from the hard drive when you can run in data simultaneously from both the disc and the HDD? Based on what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 version, perhaps running both DVD and HDD assets from just the one source slows down access times, impacting streaming performance. It's not game-breaking stuff, but it does take you out of the moment when it does manifest and for that reason we can't recommend installing the play disc.

Soldato
Jsut read an article about not installing the play disc as it may cause fream drops, bad textures and such

"So what's the story here? Well, optimal streaming is achieved by making use of all the available bandwidth in the system. Why stream just from the hard drive when you can run in data simultaneously from both the disc and the HDD? Based on what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 version, perhaps running both DVD and HDD assets from just the one source slows down access times, impacting streaming performance. It's not game-breaking stuff, but it does take you out of the moment when it does manifest and for that reason we can't recommend installing the play disc.

And again, installing the play disk is fine as long as it's not the same location as the content from the install disk. This has been clarified several times now in this thread, we know.

Soldato

Hence why he is putting the play disk on a USB flash drive and not the internal hard drive;)

Associate
The variety in the missions so far has been brilliant and the start of this game compared to GTA IV is so much better. Remember in all the other GTA games how long it took you to get your first gun etc.

Man of Honour
:( i cant read the help & emails, tv is to small and sitting to far way, i dont suppose ther's anyway of making them bigger,

Last edited:
Associate
:( i cant real the hhelp. Emails, tv is to small and sitting to far way, i dont suppose theres anyway of makiingh them bigger,

monocle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom