Munich - Stag Ideas

Soldato
If you're looking for a bit of ladies and gentlemen (the paid type) then apparently Hansastrasse is one place to go, or just wait outside Kultfabrik and the girls wait outside have red lights on their car dashboards. Apparently they drive you off somewhere nearby and entertain you.

Man of Honour
OP
Necro-bump. The stag is nigh.

We have arranged various silly costumes for our stag to wear, but I'm somewhat concious that the Germans might be less tolerant of silly stag-ness than back home, especially if we are English. Can anyone offer any insight as to whether this might be problematic for getting into nightclubs? Common sense says yes, but I've never been to munich so I don't know.

Associate
Dress up stag nights are just not really a familiar sight in Germany...I think it really depends on the club you want to get into as some of the Munich clubs are quite "posh" and you will have no chance getting in if you are either too drunk or dressed (stag-)stupidly.
Just be aware that in Germany "Blackpool kind of stag-due behaviour" (the kind you see on bad Channel4 documentaries) is not really tolerated by the public and that you are a "guest" in a different country/city.

Soldato
I was in Munich for the Fruhlingsfest a few weeks ago for a lads weekend.
Awesome city, as mentioned the Hofbrauhaus, Augustiner keller - there's plenty to choose from. Also check out the Englischer Garten (look out for the nudists!) with the Chinesischen Turm within (seating for 7000 people). And went to the Allianz for a Bayern Munich match.

I don't think anyone in this thread has mentioned a trip to Dachau? I'd recommend it, we had a great guide who made the visit even more interesting. He took care of transport on the train as well.

There's not too many places I'd go back to, but Munich is definitely one of them :)

Oh and I did see a couple of stag do's around - all dressed in blue as smurfs, people seemed to take them in good spirits.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Really don't do this. Germans aren't known for their sense of humor, but mentioning the war is pretty much a deportation offence.

No it isn't :confused:

If you are insulting about it or try to provoke a reaction then you'll get one. If you enter into a respectful and sensible discussion about it then you'll be fine. I was discussing it with my German colleagues as I was interested to know if there were many WW2-era relics left around like there are in Britain (pillboxes, bunkers etc) and it led onto other topics. Nobody got upset...

Soldato
Really don't do this. Germans aren't known for their sense of humor, but mentioning the war is pretty much a deportation offence.

Don't be so silly. I lived and worked in Munich for 5 years and Bavarians especially have a great sense of humour. You're just following the usual dumb stereotype you might read in the tabloid press.

Back
Top Bottom