Maximum working hours allowed per week?

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
48 as I said, it depends on the company, some will basically force you out the door. Most will force you one way or the other to sign the opt out clause. depends if you work for a good company or a bad company.

But it's also not 48hrs per week, it's an average of 48hrs a week over 3months, so you could legally work 80hr weeks.

i signed to opt out when i signed up with adecco

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
48 as I said, it depends on the company, some will basically force you out the door. Most will force you one way or the other to sign the opt out clause. depends if you work for a good company or a bad company.

But it's also not 48hrs per week, it's an average of 48hrs a week over 3months, so you could legally work 80hr weeks.

I believe it is actually based on a rolling 13 week period as oppossed to a 3 month period.

Soldato
39 where I worked and I thought that was regulation or somethin. Highly annoying cos I wanted at least 60. Hopefully they give me that much when I go back in the summer.

Man of Honour
manoz said:
39 where I worked and I thought that was regulation or somethin. Highly annoying cos I wanted at least 60. Hopefully they give me that much when I go back in the summer.

it could be union imposed, or just in the contract.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
it could be union imposed, or just in the contract.

I think it's more to do with them not wanting to give me more cos it would mean they would have to pay me time and a half. I did manage it a couple of summers ago by sneaking around different departments and asking the managers 4 work. They got a bit more strict, they like to be short staffed rather then pay someone time and a half, it is IKEA (Bristol) afterall.

Man of Honour
The 48 hour rule has been out for a few years but recently I've heard that there is supposed to be a 'new' EU directive coming out that actually states no more than 48 hours. The management at a local company (JCB) were worrying about it because their workers regulary do 60 hours.

Man of Honour
manoz said:
I think it's more to do with them not wanting to give me more cos it would mean they would have to pay me time and a half. I did manage it a couple of summers ago by sneaking around different departments and asking the managers 4 work. They got a bit more strict, they like to be short staffed rather then pay someone time and a half, it is IKEA (Bristol) afterall.

aghhh I hate that place, although do you get a discount? I will be in, beginning of august for about 4 crates of kopperberg for reading festival.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
aghhh I hate that place, although do you get a discount? I will be in, beginning of august for about 4 crates of kopperberg for reading festival.

Yeah I do, 15%. About the only thing good about working there lol. The amount of staff has seriously declined since I started working a few years back, just not the same :/

Permabanned
Trying doing my job more than 50hrs a week you will be in the nut house before you know it - teaching. :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom