What time does 1st class post normally arrive?

Associate
Hi,

I'm waiting for a letter to arrive this morning that I need for a meeting with a mortgage broker this afternoon. AFAIK the letter was posted on Wednesday afternoon.

Question is, what time should the letter arrive? I checked the Royal mail site, but they don't guarantee to deliver by a certain time for 1st class post. I figured it would be between 9am and 10am. Was just wondering if anyone knew roughly when I should expect to recieve it (I'm normally at work during the day, so have no idea when the postman normally arrived).

Fred

Soldato
fred_easey said:
Hi,

I'm waiting for a letter to arrive this morning that I need for a meeting with a mortgage broker this afternoon. AFAIK the letter was posted on Wednesday afternoon.

Question is, what time should the letter arrive? I checked the Royal mail site, but they don't guarantee to deliver by a certain time for 1st class post. I figured it would be between 9am and 10am. Was just wondering if anyone knew roughly when I should expect to recieve it (I'm normally at work during the day, so have no idea when the postman normally arrived).

Fred

As far as I know they can deliver any time of day now, first class mail here varies from 9am to 3pm

Soldato
Ours arrives anytime from 8am right up until 12.30 :eek:

I only know this because I popped home on my lunch break once and as I was sitting on the sofa the post popped through the door so god knows what time it normally arrives :p

Suspended
it comes the same time as your normal post deliv, which can vary, mines usually between 7 and 10, but it has arrived at half one in the afternoon as well, depends on your postie

Associate
Just got a parcel just now, special came at 7am, normal at 10am

posties had 3 visits to my house today :D he must hate me by now

Back
Top Bottom