• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Most chips need around that. The majority of low voltage posts come from people that have just bought their chip. As the days go by and their PC keeps crashing, their voltage slowly increases. They never come back to post the final stable voltage tho, which gives a wrong impression as to how many volts these chips really need.

Made the same post to a new guy posting his first OC a few pages back on something like 4.6Ghz saying he had it on 1.18v after less than a day of stressing. :D

Soldato
I find mine is best if I leave it on auto voltage, 4.5 requires 1.320 auto and it never budges from that under load so llc must be on a high setting, but it works and never crash's on me so all is good, tried 4.6 with the same 1.320 voltage and had 1 blue screen in a week, but I hate blue screens so I just went with 4.5, it's not like your going to notice 4.5 to 5.0 I can't see there being any noticeable difference.

Associate
Im at 4.8Ghz stable for my 3770k (1.325 Vcore) with a max temps of 82c with custom water-cooling. tempted at delidding it, but it's too much hassle for very little gain.

at 4.5Ghz i had a Vcore of 1.25v stable .

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently using the inbuilt hd4000 whilst I save up for a Graphics Card.

I've noticed that now i'm doing my manual overclock instead of the auto one that i'm getting red tearing when playing games. Overclocks are pretty much what they were before my manual settings but I have a lot faster ram now and different voltages.

3570k with x44 multi and .4 offset volts
The GPU is at 1300mhz with a offset of .15 (as per the auto settings via the asus overclock tool)

Basically I'm just wondering if my other settings might be affecting the hd4000 and if I should up the voltage for it? I tried lowering it to 1200mhz but that didn't help.

EDIT.
Either increasing GPU or CPU voltage slightly helped... I'll find out which at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Wow that is power hungry! :D Samsung green is great yeah, I was advised to get it and I love how small it is and how well it overclocks. I run mine at 2000MHz 8-10-10-21 114 CR1, it can run faster though just can't be bothered to tweak it, loads of people with it at 2200MHz+. Theres a whole thread dedicated to it and 8 Pack and others are helpful with overclocking it.

Soldato
Well. 1.35v, 4.5GHz and it's prime95 stable for 5 hours so i'm happy with that.

Temps aren't too bad under water either so i'll leave it at that :)

Just need to get some better memory now, heard the Samsung Green stuff is good?

Thats insane considering ive got mine at just a touch over 1.2v O_O

Atleast you got it stable though mate :)

Associate
Thats insane considering ive got mine at just a touch over 1.2v O_O

Atleast you got it stable though mate :)

Is that the actual volts being pulled when you're stress testing?

I need about what BrianB is using to reach those clocks. We have done similar overclocking with our Samsung Green, so perhaps that affects things a bit?

Soldato
Yeah thats at 100% peak and after a day of testing it pulls 1.216.

Ive had this overclock for about a month now gaming everything completely stable no crashes no windows error or events etc.

Ive got crappy thermal paste and I want to put in a custom loop to keep my temps down which are okay but once I do I could probabaly push a tincy bit further depends on how much thermal leeway I get.

I am pretty sure a lot of people have got similar overclocks to me.

Associate
Yeah thats at 100% peak and after a day of testing it pulls 1.216.

Ive had this overclock for about a month now gaming everything completely stable no crashes no windows error or events etc.

Ive got crappy thermal paste and I want to put in a custom loop to keep my temps down which are okay but once I do I could probabaly push a tincy bit further depends on how much thermal leeway I get.

I am pretty sure a lot of people have got similar overclocks to me.

For me heat isn't the problem, even at 1.3v. It's that I actually need so much volts to reach 4.5gh+...

Soldato
:( Im perfectly stable at 1.2 I have not tried lower to be honest as I lost my bios profile one night and just randomly set what was closest to my original selection so I might try lower.

Maybe I just got a very well behaved chip.

We will see.... things could change....

Soldato
Samsung Green + Ivys = :)

been tweaking mine more today - below is on 1.56V - 16GB

samsung.png

Associate
My Greens seem to need 1.625V for 2000MHz 8-10-10-21 114 CR1. 3570k needs 1.27V for 4.5GHz. Haven't touched the IMC voltage yet just VTT to 1.1V.

Associate
Testing for 4.7Ghz now, just passed IBT 30 passes 1.330v highest temp 94c now onto solid folding for a weeks to test for stability. Might reset to 4.5Ghz though once I find 4.7 stable.

What vcore do you guys use for a stable 4.7?

Also why do people mess with the VTT and PLL? What's the point of that? I've just got mine on normal/auto and it seems fine IMC to the lowest though (0.715v) with igpu disabled otherwise my temps go north of 100c,

Back
Top Bottom