Asus Transformer Pad 300

Soldato
Yeh I do understand where you are coming from. But as you said earlier, and I've certainly witnessed browsing ebay, transformer models do tend to hold their value pretty well so pulling the trigger and upgrading later down the line could be a good option if you need something now.

The other snag is I really want to try it out in real life before buying but I think Asus said you can order online early May but they won't be in stores until near the end of May.

Still much uncertainty!

Soldato
the 300 is worth no more than £300 for the 32GB (£400 with dock) and that's already pushing it.

the prime is £500 with 32GB and dock - comes with a markedly better screen, metal body, longer battery life, a bit more performance. But really **** wifi and gps performance which literally make's it a null option.

The Prime should be no more than £550 for the 32GB Dock model.

Soldato
On sale now in a few popular online electronics stores who's names I'm probably not supposed to write.

Anyone considering/has bought one yet? Really weighing up if I can afford it with my 3rd term student loan looking depleted already! Very eager to get my hands on one though.

Also can anyone recommend a good neoprene sleeve?
And are regular ones big enough to fit the keyboard as well?

Soldato
I've just ordered one for delivery tomorrow, was put off the prime by the wifi/gps issues and the price, this resolves both of those enough for me, I would've got the keyboard anyway as it's to completely replace a netbook

Soldato
Urgh, DPD and currys between them caused a fair bit of rage yesterday, booked pre-12 delivery, rang up when it hadn't arrived by 1 to be told it had missed the wagon the night before and was never going to have arrived on saturday.

Soldato
I've just ordered one for delivery tomorrow, was put off the prime by the wifi/gps issues and the price, this resolves both of those enough for me, I would've got the keyboard anyway as it's to completely replace a netbook

I thought Curry's weren't expecting them until the 18th.

Please post when you receive yours and what you think of it!
Teetering so closely over the edge of buying this, would love a guinea pig impression please!

Soldato
they weren't expecting them until the 18th but when I checked on friday it had the option of buying with next day delivery, must've got some in early I suppose.
I'll be picking it up on my way home from work tonight provided it's made it back to DPD's hell hole.

Soldato
owing to yet another delay i couldn't pick it up until on my way in to work this morning, but just after this morning playing with it I love it.
Only (minor) annoyances so far, can't charge over USB from my pc, although this could be a setting maybe; the location of the right shift key.
I realise that's not the most comprehensive summary, so if you've any questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

Caporegime
owing to yet another delay i couldn't pick it up until on my way in to work this morning, but just after this morning playing with it I love it.
Only (minor) annoyances so far, can't charge over USB from my pc, although this could be a setting maybe; the location of the right shift key.
I realise that's not the most comprehensive summary, so if you've any questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

You can't charge the TF101 over USB either, it's a 'feature'.

Soldato

How bad is the imbalance when it's docked in the keyboard? And the build quality of the keyboard itself?

Associate
I am looking to buy one of these, but I don't want/need the keyboard dock.

Is there anywhere in the UK that I can buy one of these without the dock? - hopefully it should knock about £100 of the price.

Associate
Damn - what a major oversight on Asus's part. What were they thinking?

I suppose it is a toss up now of an alternative spec tablet for around the £300 (unlikely) or trying to get the TF300 for less than the £399 being asked for.

I have only managed to find it for £389 so far.

Any other sellers doing it for significantly less than that?

Back
Top Bottom