Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Jags won't be sold because we don't need to sell anyone plus he signed a new 4 year contract in January so there's no way he'd go for that cheap even if he was to.

Man of Honour
Supposedly Arsenal offered £8m a couple of years ago and were told to jog on with Everton wanting £16m, realistically if a deal were to happen I think it would be in the teens somewhere.
We then went and spent the £16m on Koscielny and Squilacci.

Associate
Eriksen (£8m, this guy is awesome and we need to buy him before he moves to a big club and his value will double)
already too late? there were claims Liverpool had an offer of around €15 (£12.4M) accepted but Eriksen preferred Man City so hadn't agreed terms. If it's not too late and he's that good a prospect, surely Arsenal need to be bold and take a risk for a change, offer €15M - €20M or more and make sure they get him.

Soldato
Where would we play him?

The place giggs seems to stupidly occupy.

It's pretty clear Carrick is our holding midfielder, so he needs a partner with real class to move the ball forward when he receives it from Carrick. Eriksen is that type of player.

Carrick, Eriksen, kagawa, zaha and nani as a 5 man midfield sounds good to me.

Soldato
Eriksen operates in the same position as Kagawa, he isn't a central midfield player. Hense why I asked where would he fit in, because it doesn't make sense.

Soldato
Eriksen can play right wing, that's where I first spotted him.

So can Rafael, but doesn't mean you would buy him to play him in that position

There is too much wasted spots in the Utd squad at the moment, and I don't believe with the change in manager that there will be wholesale changes.

Utd would be lucky to get two new outfield players (as it sounds like Lindergaard is gone, so a 2nd gk will appear at some point).

With the likelihood of Scholes and Fletcher not being available next season, even if one or two of the youngsters are given cup chances, the likes of Strootman would be ideal imo and then its up to Moyes as to whether Utd can keep either /both of Rooney and Chicharito (I sincerely hope he convinces the latter to stay)........ how's Keane's injury healing , he was meant to be on the verge of getting senior games before the cruciate? he damaged during last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom