Roccat Valo - First impressions + Problems (yes, thats right)

Associate
I've also stopped using the Lycosa I replaced the Roccat with, as that has build quality issues too. Now using a Logitech G15 and it's perfect. Absolutely wonderful.

Associate
Stay away from this product

Just type "Roccat Valo problems" in the Google search bar and you will understand what I mean. It only shines like gold but it is not.

Associate
Seeing as they released a new keyboard a while ago, considering it'd require hardware changes to fix most of the issues and the general lack of news from them I'd say it looks like they don't give two bits.

Soldato
Associate
It's like they're not even trying, but then again, with all the silly amounts of money going their way from all the gullible people who think they're so l33t now that they have the entire Roccat catalogue.

(Yes, I laugh and at the same time die a little inside every time I see someone boasting about their Roccat mouse and keyboard and headphones and their overpriced mouse cord holder, as if wasting money on overpriced crap was something worth achieving and being proud of.)

Last edited:
Associate
What?????????

I have just RMA my KONE V1 last month because of the known broken wheel problem of V1. They replaced it with V2. Are you telling me that there are also problems with the V2 also? If it brakes again I will demand a different product from OcUK. For the moment it works fine. However I tried to warn people about the the disadvantages of Kave on the OcUK page but with no results. They do not accept negatives reviews on the side. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Would you really want to buy Roccat again after all the problems with both the Kone and the Valo so far? Even the "V2" of the Kone barely fixed the problems.

I like the styling of their products, but I wouldn't want to pay £50/£90 for a pretty desk ornament.

Associate
Thought i'd up rather than create a new thread.

I'm considering one of these , the v2 as on sale now.

Are most of the problems in the above posts onthe v1 version? Is this now a worthwhile purchase or still problematic?

Associate
Thought i'd up rather than create a new thread.

I'm considering one of these , the v2 as on sale now.

Are most of the problems in the above posts onthe v1 version? Is this now a worthwhile purchase or still problematic?

Those problems are on v1, yes, however no one can guarantee that they don't exist on v2 as well.

Unless you want to be Roccat's guinea pig ;)

Associate
considering one also, just replaced my old Saitek Eclipse II with a Logitech G11 but I am not impressed with the G11 at all, far to big (woah, how big do you need it to be FFS) also the quality of the backlight is "patchy" and that is being polite.

This Roccat Valo V2 looks the business but having read this thread...I think the search continues !
:(

Associate
considering one also, just replaced my old Saitek Eclipse II with a Logitech G11 but I am not impressed with the G11 at all, far to big (woah, how big do you need it to be FFS) also the quality of the backlight is "patchy" and that is being polite.

This Roccat Valo V2 looks the business but having read this thread...I think the search continues !
:(

Try a mechanical keyboard like the 7G ;)

Don't be put off by comments like "it's too plain" or "it's too expensive" (Really? A sturdy mechanical keyboard with full n-key rollover that'll last years is "expensive" and a plastic piece of crap like a G19 isn't?)

If you want an illuminated keyboard there's always Déck.

Last edited:
Associate
I think for 114 Euros it might be worth it....email me in trust if still available for that price !! :)

Do bare in mind you might not like it, I mean, not like it enough to spend that kind of money on it :p

A cheaper alternative would be to buy some old school IBM Model M or Cherry keyboard off of eBay or the likes, even if simply to get a taste of what a mechanical keyboard is like.

Associate
I think I need backlit too, I often game in the dark so the backlit keyboards do have an advantage there.
But often they lack quality....this G11 is just cheap and very nasty.
It moves if you lean your wirist on it, half the lights are barely shinning through the keyset even on the highest setting and it is just too big for me...oh and the wrist rest is useless.

Back
Top Bottom