The *OFFICIAL* When Will There Be An *OFFICIAL* Steam Easter Sale Thread Thread

Soldato
I'm disappointed. Easter is only a week and a half away and there's no ******OFFICIAL****** thread out yet asking people what they're going to buy in the Steam Easter sale, with lots of responses hoping for 80% off Titanfall.

Where's my thread, dammit!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Steam sales aren't that exciting anymore. Its usually just the same games everyone already has on sale :p

Pretty much this.

Also the sales generally speaking are not what they used to be. Before you would get publisher bundles and stuff. These days the sale price is pretty much standard, nothing that makes you think "at that price I will give it a go".

When steam sales come up, I get the Resident Evil 4 merchant guy's voice come up in my head saying "whatcha buyin". lol. Then I play the games and get those stupid cards and it's like "whatcha sellin?" haha

If steam were to do door to door sales, I would expect it to look like this :D

Soldato
OP
Seems to me that the sales are so frequent and last so long, that people are a bit bored with them. I quite fancy The Walking Dead game but haven't got round to buying at 75% off on the last two sales, but I know I'll get another punt at it in the next sale.

Maybe its time they mixed it up a bit to inject a bit more excitement. I'm aware the prices are set by the publishers, but I'm sure Steam have some sway over things given how important the platform is.

Associate
So many games and so little time. Still have a number of games from last years sale I have not round to playing yet.

Will probably keep an eye out for ARMA 3 if it somehow magically appears but not sure what else may be of interest.

RB

Soldato
I agree with the general consensus here, I'm not excited for Steam sales anymore I mean sure I'll check it out when it's here and might even pick a game or two up, but I already have 89 games installed from previous Steam sales so it's hard for me to get excited now. On another note Steam sales are not that good anymore Greenmangaming and other site's beat Steams sales hands down.

Soldato
Same here really, I've too many things bought from previous Steam sales that I've either not finished, or not even looked at.

Really should get around to looking at a few of them, but I'm having too much fun playing War Thunder with the OcUK squadron, or hacking up demons in Shadow Warrior, or finally getting my successful Seleucid campaign up and running in Rome Total War :D

Soldato
Actually, I'm looking forward to them as my girlfriend has only just got into PC gaming after I built her a decent gaming PC.

I have told her not to buy anything until the sale and have a frenzy when it starts. So I'm excited for her to buy and play some brilliant titles at a great price.

Skyrim will no doubt be a BARGAIN as usual.

Associate
Seems to me that the sales are so frequent and last so long, that people are a bit bored with them.

First World Problems. I vowed i'd not go into a spend frenzy during the recent Steam sales, but it turns out I'm a sucker for the 4 hr flash sales. Nothing makes a fool part with his money more than the prospect of a time-limited offer.

I'm still looking forward to the sales. *hoping for Blacklist for under a fiver*

Back
Top Bottom