Glastonbury SEE TICKETS... GO ****!

Associate
it's not just the bands there's a whole lot more to Glastonbury. doesn't matter who is on there's usually something that will take your fancy.

if your bored just go and sit in the circus tent, or wait until the fire shows at night etc etc

Soldato
glastonbury has so many bands that there's bound to be something you like, and it's not really about the headliners for me, its a good place to random obscure bands on the wee stages...

Associate
Highly unlikely though pub singers I mean.

Not that I've been but Glasto is big enough surely for people to trust it'll have a good line up.

Associate
last year there were plenty of people i didn't want to see.

when the Gorillas were on i went to see the Bootleg Beatles,

i sat in croissant neuf listening to the Biggles wartime band for a while,

i wandered through the green fields and made a wooden mushroom for my mum and various other activities all whilst there was ''nothing on''

at no point from the Tuesday lunchtime we arrived in the van until the early hours of Sunday morning was i bored.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;17498484 said:
Are people really going mad to pay £200 each for tickets to a concerts without knowing who the artists are? Seems a bit unfair of them not to announce the lineup until after everyone has paid, they could get a load of pub singers in and make a fortune..

For some people it is more than just a 'concert' though, it's about shangri-la, circus, sitting around on a hill watching the sunset, the overall 'festival' experience. Yes you can get some of that elsewhere but the point is that it's not just a question of spending £200 to see some random bands. For some friends of mine it is the highlight of their year and basically counts as their summer holiday.

Also I don't think there has ever been a 'bad' lineup per se, imagine if they did put pub singers on, it would jeopardise sales in future years.

Yes I agree ideally I would like to know the lineup, but they sell out every year without announcing it so it's not like they need to. If anything they should be increasing the cost of the ticket, should be £300 not £200 :)

Soldato
I got my tickets at about half 9, but I told my mate I would try and get in for them now, wish I hadn't! taken about an hour so far.

Associate
glasto2011.jpg

Phew!

Soldato
I hear take that are gonna be there.

Do the tickets come with pictures printed on yada yada or can i buy three, one for me and two for mates without problem ?

Soldato
great, there's an hour slot where i can have a wander back to the van to throw up! lol

they've got pictures on so unless your registered and have their registration pictures you've got Bob Hope!

ah ok, doesnt matter as i'll be there anyways, just the dud i worked for asked me to try and get hold of a ticket as i think he wants a few extra workers there and might not have secured enough.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17498484 said:
Are people really going mad to pay £200 each for tickets to a concerts without knowing who the artists are? Seems a bit unfair of them not to announce the lineup until after everyone has paid, they could get a load of pub singers in and make a fortune..

To be honest those pub singers would probably be more entertaining than a lot of the people they actually will get on.

Back
Top Bottom