This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise Guy
Soldato
Time to go war-driving round Sheffield.

And look up every "sohail" in Sheffield on UK-Info to narrow down the field, it's an arabic name.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Time to go war-driving round Sheffield.

And look up every "sohail" in Sheffield on UK-Info to narrow down the field, it's an arabic name.

Tempting! It's a shame I'm not clever enough to rig my computer to sniff out a wireless network under that name and then I could drive the streets of Sheffield trying to pick him up!

Soldato
Well if the police wont help then Let us know the details to view it, Would love to see this in action.

Also he may turn GPS on if you are lucky.

if you are unlucky he will restore it

Wise Guy
Soldato
Tempting! It's a shame I'm not clever enough to rig my computer to sniff out a wireless network under that name and then I could drive the streets of Sheffield trying to pick him up!

I havent done it in a while but it's super easy, i used a program called net stumbler I think and a USB GPS dongle. It logs every network it finds with the GPS co-ordinates, SSID, security type and signal strength.

Caporegime
Did you not have a pin/swipe pattern on it?!

Security software, but no actual security...you cant be that retarded surely?

Pin code/swipe provides no real security, it's authentication which can easily be bypassed, not encryption. Ironically it's actually less secure because people like you think it does provide security, thus leaving sensitive data on your phone.

Secondly it hinders actually getting the phone back because if someone can't get onto the phone they restore it back to factory settings or flash it and then there's no way of tracking it.

As for the OP Cerberus will automatically enable GPS on rooted android phones.

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I believe you need to be rooted for GPS access!

You can play sounds and alarms from Cerberus, freak him out while he's sleeping!!!

Soldato
This is the other reason I have rooted my phone. Cerberus can be integrated into the ROM so even of they wipe the phone, the app still remains. It is also hidden from view so no one can see it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom